Chapter 35 We Break Up, We Make Up

Chapter 35

We Break Up, We Make Up

Gracie's POV

I'm going to go insane, yes by sunrise I'm going to completely lose my mind.

Pacing the living room floor with my hands laced together as I twisted them nervously. The sound of my heart thudded in my ears as it has been since that phone call from the hospital fours hours ago. I awoke to see Liam, Jackie and Tom standing above me with Lucielle and Jack at my side ready to leave.

"Gracie sit down." Jackie demanded

"I can't because if I sit I'll go insane thinking about what's happening." I replied

"And putting a hole in the middle of the room is helping?" she said

I ran my hands through my hair resisting the urge to yank it out. Lucielle called an hour ago to tell us know Jason was being checked out by the doctor. But that was sixty minutes ago, anything could have happened during that time.

"Should we call them?" I asked for the tenth time

"No."

Closing my eyes I felt the heavy emotion in my chest settle as the vivid image of Jason laying in a hospital bed invaded my thoughts. Still, unmoving, bruised-I gulped the large lump in my throat that made breathing evenly difficult. Reopening my eyes I whipped around.

"Jackie what if-" I stopped unable to finish

"Don't say it." she warned pointing her index finger at me

Her light caramel eyes were as hard as the sweet candy its self with anger at my constant nagging. Behind the dark anger I could see the worry and fear she was concealing with the thick mask she has held in place since I woke up.

That's what I should be-strong for Jason right now when he needs it the most.

"Your right I need to get a grip." I said and sat on the white leather armchair

A small smile tugged onto her face, with her right hand she stroked Sarah's cheek. Sarah has refused to go to sleep until Jason comes home -I told her he was held up with some work on his other restaurants but still she insisted on waiting up. I couldn't help the pride swelling in my chest, even with such a young mind and lack of understanding of the situation Sarah seemed to just have a feeling something was wrong.

"You want me to bring her up?" Jackie asked already slipping her arms under Sarah

"No she'll wake up, just let her sleep." I whispered

Glancing at the silver rimmed clock hanging on the wall I watched the seconds tick by. If only I went with Jack and Lucielle, all I can think about is if Jason's okay.

When the hospital called the diner it was an hour and a half after they found Jason's truck wrecked at the side of the road. From what Jackie told me Jason was unconscious but when he awoke he was able to tell the doctors who he is and unfortunately another piece of information.

One I rather Jason never mentioned.

"Why didn't he want me to go to the hospital?" I whispered not daring to raise my voice of fear that I'd breakdown

Yes after identifying himself Jason demanded that I'm not to go to the hospital. He even asked for someone to stay with me to make sure I would go against his request.

Could he still be mad about our fight even after his accident he'd still hold a grudge? I don't blame him for being angry but even after what he went through he'd make such a heartless request?