Chapter 5

"Mom! I'm going for a run!" Sugawara called out.

"Okay! Be careful!"

"Thank you!" Sugawara felt his stomach rumble, begging for food. He rolled his eyes and popped a piece of gum in his mouth. "I can't deal with this right now…"

He walked outside, humming at the gentle warmth of the morning sun. Sugawara walked to the end of the driveway and sighed. He started to jog slowly down the sidewalk, taking his time before actually running.

In a way he was metaphorically and quite literally running. Running down the sidewalk, away from his issue as well. He could just go ahead and stop ignoring that maybe the internet was an awful place at the moment and that he didn't need to be looking at articles to get skinnier. He was already one hundred eight pounds. It was easy to lose weight but even harder to gain it. Especially if you couldn't get things in your body to gain anything.

Or if you removed them.

His mother had noticed that he wasn't eating and the sudden loss of weight. So as any worried mother would do, she took him to the doctor.

There he was prescribed medication to allow him to become hungry. One for the morning and one for the evening.

He'd seemed to have been taking them. He ate breakfast and dinner. Lunch was something no one asked him about because his bento was always empty. But no one knew what actually happened.

Everyday he'd get dressed, eat, head to his room to fic his hair and "brush his teeth".

Usually ending in him doing so at least.

What happened before that could easily be inferred, accounting for his weight dropping quickly.

Sugawara stopped running, his breathing heavy. He wiped the sweat from his brow and turned back around, startled. "Hello?"

The red head tilted hid head, confused. "You're not from around here."

"Um… no." Sugawara eyed the brunette beside the red head. He seemed unnerved that Sugawara was there except for those loose hold of the shorter male's dark hoodie. "I was going on a run."

"Hm. Why do you seem so nervous? Is my awesomeness making you scared?"

"No."

"You're weird. Cool." The red head started to extend a hand, but stopped when he realized the other male was holding his sleeve. "Wa-kun... Are YOU nervous?"

"Hm? No, I'm alright."

"Alright." The red head extended his hand again and smiled. "The name's Tendou."

"Oh. Sugawara." Suga shook Tendou's hand. "Nice to meet you."

"Mhm. You too." Tendou smiled. He gestured to the male behind him. "This is Ushijima. He's really shy."

"I'm not shy." Ushijima said quietly. He nodded to Sugawara. "What school do you go to? I've never seen you."

"Karasuno High. You?"

"Oh ho ho!" Tendou chuckled. "We're from Shiratorizawa High. So kings and peasants meet."

"My school isn't full of peasants. We're all very smart." Sugawara coughed. Jesus Christ why did he forget his water?! He coughed again, light headed.

Ushijima tilted his head, worried. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Sorry about the joke too." Tendou looked at both of the other males worriedly. "Um… seriously, are you okay?"

Sugawara nodded and held up a finger, signaling them to wait. His sides started to burn and his vision went darker despite the morning light. Ushijima actually stepped forward and extended a hand. "Sugawara?"