Chapter 15

Daichi peeled the cloth off of Sugawara's forehead and put his palm against the side of his face. He felt cooler now, the light red of a fever gone from his cheeks. Suga couldn't just keep letting himself get sick like this. It was going to make him end up in the hospital all over again. It was hard to even tell if he was throwing up on purpose or because he felt sick.

Daichi stood and walked downstairs, all the way downstairs to the laundry room. His mother looked up from folding towels and smiled. "You okay?"

"Yes. His fever went back down." Daichi placed the cloth down in a basket on top of the washing machine.

"He's still refusing medicine?"

"Yeah…" Daichi sighed. "What do I do?"

"Well the bathrooms were locked, even though I really hated doing that. He can't exactly throw up unless we hear it. Again, I didn't want to do that."

"I know I… I just… I'm worried."

"I am too. Here, why don't you help me with this and we can talk?"

"Alright." Daichi sat down on the floor next to her and grabbed a towel.

"So are you two together still or are you just taking care of him because you're nice?"

"We're still together. He has stopped trying to yell at me but I think he's too tired to yell now. He shouldn't try to push himself… not saying yelling is okay. But he's trying."

"Well yes but you have to talk to him. Just- what is it?"

Daichi's father appeared in the doorway, worried. "Sugawara is awake. He's asking for Daichi."

Daichi finished folding the towel he had and walked back upstairs. Sugawara was on the bed, shaking. "Suga. What's wrong?"

"I-I um… I'm sorry." Daichi walked over and bent down and pressed a kiss to Sugawara's forehead.

"Okay take a moment and breathe first." Sugawara sat up and Daichi held him. "Or not. What do you need?"

Sugawara looked at Daichi and smiled sheepishly. "I'm hungry."

Daichi laughed and nodded. "Come on." He helped Sugawara up, glad he seemed to be feeling better. They walked downstairs and Sugawara sat down, kind of groggy. Daichi went to the counter and started to pull things down from the cabinets. "Hey Suga?"

"Yeah?"

"Have you been feeling better?"

"Well besides me being sick, I'm fine." Sugawara paused, sighing.

"Got something on your mind?"

"No, it's okay."

"Um.. Alright." Daichi set down a small plate with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on it. "I know it's not much but I know you can't keep things down right now."

"It's okay." Sugawara ate slowly, silent. Daichi sat across from him, not staring too much. At some point Sugawara stretched out a leg and Daichi placed his against it. They pushed each other's legs back and forth, messing around to pass the time.

"You two look like you're on a date." Daichi's father mumbled, walking into the kitchen. He looked at the red faces of the other two and chuckled. "Joking. How are you two feeling?"

"I feel okay." Sugawara mumbled.

Daichi nodded. "Same."

"Good, good. Daichi, your mother and I are going turn on a movie. Bring Sugawara downstairs if you want."

"Do you want to watch with us?" Daichi asked Sugawara, smiling.

No way Sugawara would turn down Daichi's bright eyed smile. He nodded. "Of course. That sounds cool."

"Nice. I'll get your blanket." Daichi stood. He pressed a kiss to Sugawara's hair before heading upstairs. Sugawara smiled and cleaned off the plate he'd been given.

Daichi was no doubt incredibly sweet. It just sucked having to lie to him twenty four seven. Including at the moment. Daichi walked back into the kitchen, the heated blanket in his arms.

"You coming?"

"Can I have the key to the bathroom? I need to use the bathroom…"

Daichi stared at Sugawara before nodding. He didn't seem to be wanting to do anything bad. "Of course. Here." Daichi handed him a small key with a blue paint stain on it. "I'll be downstairs. I'm trusting you, okay?"

"As you should." Sugawara boosted himself up and actually kissed Daichi this time. He smiled at the red blush forming on Daichi's cheeks. "Pfft. I'll be down there in a moment."

"O-okay."

Sugawara walked upstairs and unlocked the bathroom door. He sat down in the middle of the floor and sighed. Honestly, where were his tears when he needed them?

This hurt so much. Daichi didn't know what he was doing literally behind his back. Every night.

Sugawara had memorized where the bathroom keys were. One was hidden in a drawer in Daichi's nightstand and the other was on a shelf in the laundry room, under the vase of fake flowers. He was sure there was a third key somewhere. He just had to find it.

Sugawara would find one and unlock the bathroom, emptying out his meals and then going back to sleep, making sure the key was back in place.

Eat, empty, repeat.

Things would get worse before they'd get better.

He just had to believe those things. He'd be okay.

Sugawara opened the cabinet and pulled out a scale that he was sure they'd hid from him. Rightfully but still annoying.

He put it down and eased back in front of the toilet. He eased his fingers into the back of his throat and pushed. Instantly, vomit and gagging sounds emitted from him. He wiped his chin and stood, flushing the toilet. Sugawara stepped onto the scale and waited.

"Eighty…. Four. How the hell did I only loose four pounds in a month?" He put the scale back and washed his hands. He headed downstairs and filled a water bottle with ice and water before going downstairs and sitting next to Daichi.

"The key." Daichi mumbled, pulling the blanket around Sugawara. Suga gave him the key and rested against his chest. "Do you feel okay?"

"Mhm." Sugawara sipped at the water he'd brought, feeling like this made the hunger pains go away.

"Alright. Are you warm?"

"Dai I'm okay, really." Sugawara looked up and smiled. "It's okay."

"Just checking." Daichi smiled. He pressed his lips against Sugawara's forehead, making the latter scrunch his nose up, blushing. "You seem alright. Just tell me if you need something."