Chapter 20

Sugawara pushed Daichi's head away from his chest, sighing. He really needed to heal faster. "Dai."

"Mnm?" Daichi sat up. "Hey, careful."

"Mm." Sugawara glared at Daichi. The larger male just sighed and kissed his forehead.

"Sorry, I know." Daichi glanced behind him, seeing Asahi curled up on the hospital couch. You really couldn't find one without the other two. Daichi turned back to Sugawara and smiled. "You don't have to be completely silent. Just be careful not straining your voice."

"Didn't hurt."

"Alright."

"Asahi."

Daichi chuckled. "He fell asleep here last night. He wanted to make sure both of us were okay."

"Oh."

"Yeah. Does your chest or neck hurt any?"

Sugawara tapped at his chest. "A little."

"Do you want anything for it?"

"Mm… mm."

"No?" Sugawara nodded. "Okay." Sugawara yawned quietly and started to move his blankets around. "Are you trying to get up?"

"Mhm."

"Where are you going?"

"Hall."

"Um… okay." Daichi got up and grabbed Sugawara's hands, helping him up. "Nothing hurts?"

"No."

"Okay. You're just going to walk around the halls?" Sugawara nodded. Daichi put an arm around the top of his back while Sugawara dragged along his IV pole. They entered the hall and Sugawara smiled, glad to be somewhere else. He reached up and shifted his feeding tube before stepping to the left. They walked down that hallway, the taller of the two holding onto Sugawara to make sure he wouldn't fall.

They couldn't just keep going or else Sugawara would have trouble breathing after a while. As they made their way back the tapping sounded again and Sugawara actually heard it. He turned and scanned the hall behind them while Daichi looked ahead. "Hear that?"

"Yeah… let's get you back to the room."

"Wait."

"Hm?"

"What."

"What? Suga what do you… hm. Right. What was the noise? Or what caused it?"

"Cause."

"I don't know sweetheart. I'm sorry." Daichi let his hand fall and grab Suga's. "I've got you. If someone is trying to do something, believe me I've got you."

"Mm." Sugawara coughed, clutching his chest.

"Does it hurt?" Sugawara shook his head, whimpering. "Is it hard to breathe?"

"Mhm!"

Daichi rushed over to the nurse's station and explained what was happening quickly. He turned right as Sugawara leaned into the wall, wheezing. Two nurses hurried over and eased Sugawara into a standing position. They lead him back to his room carefully and laid him down.

Asahi woke up and watched as Sugawara was hooked up to the oxygen mask again and his chest went back to rising and falling like slow waves against the shore. He was okay. It was okay.

Daichi let out a relieved sigh. Asahi did as well and stood up. "Better?"

"M-much."

Daichi walked over to the bed and kissed Sugawara's forehead. "Good…" Sugawara held Daichi's head and angled It down to return the favor. "Thank you."

"Mm." Suga smiled and tangled his fingers into the short, soft locks of the brunette. He held him there, trying to figure out what he wanted. He could ask for Daichi to just hold him but it was a bit strange for him to stand like this. "Dai."

"Yes?"

"Ay."

"Hm?"

"Lay."

"Alright." Daichi whispered, laying down. He held Sugawara, the elder male's hands in his hair. Daichi never got his head rubbed by Suga because he was the one who had always made sure the other was okay. Not himself.

But they fit so well against each other. They were always so close and fit so well. Like puzzle pieces or corny best friend necklaces that would be lost within three years of having them. Nearly perfect aged pieces. Young bodies with old souls.

Not perfect because hey, if they were then why the hell were they here? No amount of love was going to make anything perfect.

Asahi smiled at his friends and sat back down. "You guys are very sweet."

"Ank you."

"He means thank you." Daichi said quietly.

"Ah no problem." Asahi picked up his book. "I really do think you two are great together."

"Asahi are you okay?"

"Yes."

"Asahi." Daichi pressed on. Sugawara turned his head to the side and looked at Asahi, his eyes squinted in worry. Asahi laughed nervously. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Mm."

"What is it?"

"I think he's asking what's wrong as well." Daichi responded.

"Nothing, I'm serious."

"Asahi are you jealous?"

"I'm not. I promise." Asahi sighed. A nervous smile made its way onto his lips. "I just haven't told my mom."

"Told your mom what?"

"About um... The whole me liking guys thing. I know I might find a guy I like soon and she'll get suspicious because I'm keeping a secret. That's all."

"Oh?"

"Yeah." Asahi rubbed the back of his head. "That's really it."

"You've found someone you like?"

Asahi shook his head. "Not yet. But when I do I'll tell you."

"Alright. Just make sure you're careful."

"Mhm."

Asahi smiled again. Daichi sighed. "Have you seen people staring a little too long at Suga? Or following any of the three of us?"

"Well no but sometimes it sounds like someone is taking pictures of me. It's really making me nervous."

"Alright. If it happens again, tell me immediately." Daichi eased an arm under Sugawara, realizing he was falling asleep. "Sweetheart, are you okay?"

"Mmmm…" Sugawara turned and wrapped around Daichi slowly. "Sleepy…"

Daichi smiled and rubbed Sugawara's back. "Breathing good?"

"Mhm."

"Good." Daichi mumbled. He looked up at Asahi. "Isn't he amazing?"

"Yeah I guess…" Asahi turned his eyes towards his book. "Just make sure he's okay."

"Of course."

Asahi looked up and smiled. "I'm serious that you two are very sweet. It's great."

"Don't worry Asahi, she'll accept you." He paused, making sure Suga wasn't talking. "And you'll find a great guy."

Lol hey guys I still remember you. I've been caught up swimming and playing with cousins.