Chapter 19

Daichi turned his head and froze. Suga's eyes opened after a soft whine. He waved his hand in Sugawara's vision and the older male hummed.

"Suga?"

"Mm. I-" Sugawara stopped, pain flashing in his eyes.

"It'll hurt to talk, shhhh." Daichi stood and ran a hand through Sugawara's hair, calming him back down. Suga pointed to his chest, tilting his head. Daichi looked over at his mother, who nodded. His eyes returned to Sugawara's scared eyes. "Um... They had to work on you lungs. You'll be alright now but um..."

Shinju stood and shook her head. "You panic and it'll hurt, okay?" Sugawara nodded, brows furrowing. "You tore your esophagus and the blood got in your lungs. You're okay now but you were out for a while."

Sugawara's eyes widened and started to water. Daichi hugged him carefully, "It's okay. It's okay Suga."

"O-ow."

"Hm? Oh. Your throat or chest?" Sugawara opened his mouth and then closed it, begining to cry. Daichi paused, not knowing what to do. "Nothing actually hurts, does it?"

Suga shook his head, his tears starting to fall past his cheeks.

"You can't really talk either..." Daichi whispered.

Asahi stood and gave Sugawara his phone. "Here. Just type out what you need to say and press the little mic button."

Sugawara nodded and took the phone with shaky hands. He tapped for a few moments before hitting the mic and putting it down.

"I'm really sorry. I'm actually scared now."

Daichi shared a glance with Asahi.

"I've hurt for a long time but now that I almost died it feels even worse. I'm not faking the apology this time. I really want to stop now. I'm tired of being cold and hungry all the time. I'm so sorry you had to find me like this. I love you guys so, so much and I'm tired of lying because it's hurting you guys even more. I'm serious that I'm not lying."

Daichi handed Asahi his phone as the note ended. He wrapped his arms around Sugawara and just held him. "We're all here for you. I promise you you'll get better, even if you don't think you are going to get better. I promise."

Sugawara pulled Daichi's hand off of the back of his head and held it in both of his hands.

"Do want to say something else?" Asahi questioned, worried.

Sugawara shook his head, closing his eyes. He sighed shakily. Daichi looked at his mother, who was smiling sadly. Daichi looked back at Sugawara and grinned. "Well you better get some rest if you're going to get better, right?"

The silver haired male's eyes opened wide and he smiled. He tapped his forehead, closing his eyes. Daichi pressed his lips to the spot and sighed.

"Alright. It's going to be okay." Sugawara sniffed and started coughing, grimacing. "Pfft. Well that didn't feel nice, did it?"

"N-no."

"Eh watch it. That's going to hurt if you keep pushing it." Sugawara sighed and looked over at Asahi. He smiled and looked back at Daichi. Alright. This was going to happen. This was going to be hard.

****

"Okay I'm back. I've got your blanket and- pfft. Hey sleepy head." Sugawara looked up from yawning and waved. Daichi walked over and put the blanket down. Sugawara made fish lips, teasing Daichi. Daichi rolled his eyes and stopped looking through his bag to kiss Sugawara gently, hand on his cheek like normal.

Then there was that tap again.

"Hang on." Daichi walked out of the room quickly and looked down both sides of the hall. Someone was running, already too far for Daichi to yell after. He stepped back into the room and closed the door. "Don't open that."

"Hm?"

"I think someone is trying to catch us doing something." Daichi rolled his eyes again. "ANYWAY. Got your blanket and yes, I will cuddle you because you want to."

Sugawara smiled brightly and gave him a thumbs up. He was just grateful that Daichi was here, seeing that his own mother wasn't showing up.

"Alright. I know to be careful with your chest- that sounded weird hang on... I know not to touch- no. Shit." Daichi sighed. "You know what, screw it. I know how to prevent myself from hurting you."

Sugawara giggled softly. He reached out a hand and rubbed Daichi's hair. "Mm."

"It's hard not to talk, isn't it?"

"Mhm."

"Are you okay?"

"Mm... mm."

"No?" Sugawara nodded. Daichi sat down right by Sugawara and held both of his hands. "Do you want to type it out?"

"Mm..." Sugawara shook his head.

"You sure?"

"Mhm."

"Alright lay down." He mumbled. Sugawara laid down on his side, facing Daichi. Daichi turned on his phone and turned something for Suga to watch on. He slipped the heated comforter over the smaller male and kissed his forehead again. Sugawara started to inch closer to hold onto Daichi but stopped when his chest almost tapped against Daichi's. That would hurt...

"Mm."

"Here." Daichi reached back and took a jacket out of his bag and put it between them. Sugawara smiled nervously and eased closer. He wrapped around Daichi nevertheless and sighed. He was so comfortable like this. For once.

"Mmm... Ank... you."

"Careful sweetheart."

"Mm." Suga looked up at the chocolate orbs staring worriedly down at him. They were brighter than his. "Itty eye...s."

Daichi laughed. "What?"

"Mm." Sugawara frowned. Of course he couldn't talk too much or else he'd experience a ton of pain. He just wanted to compliment his boyfriend. Jesus Christ.

"You want to type it?"

"Mhm!"

"Alright." Daichi handed him the phone and let him type.

"You have pretty eyes."

"Ah Suga... come on..." Sugawara grinned. He pressed his lips to his chin gently. "Alright, alright."

Sugawara buried his head in Daichi's neck and smiled. This was warm and okay. He was okay. But he was full. A different full that made his urges subside slightly. And for once he wasn't feeling too empty.

Lolol goodnight. I'm tired. Gotta sit in a truck for 4 hours later.