Chapter 29

"MOM!"

Shinju sighed and walked upstairs. "What's- where's Suga?"

Daichi swallowed, gasping. "Hospital."

"What happened?" She said hurriedly, grabbing her keys.

"Seizure."

"In the park." Asahi added. "Twice.

"Alright, come on." She hurried out to the car and made sure they were buckled in. They hurried off towards the hospital. "Is he okay?"

"He said he felt fuzzy." Daichi stated. "He kind of looked scared…"

"I'm sure he was. Just like always, he'll be taken care of."

The whole time Daichi and his mother kept going back and forth, worried, Asahi stayed quiet. He seemed to be thinking deeply now, nervous.

"Suga is a strong boy. He's going to be okay."

"Yeah but I've heard-"

"Daichi." Asahi whispered.

"Seizures usually have-"

"Daichi." Asahi said a bit louder, more nervous.

"A thing where-"

"DAICHI!" Daichi and Shinju both stopped talking. "S-sorry I just…"

"It's okay. What's wrong?" Shinju questioned quietly.

"I-I just… I… Suga's water… it was cloudy."

"Oh god you're right." Daichi whispered. Everyone went quiet, thinking.

"His cousin filled his cup." Asahi whispered.

"Mom…"

"I know. I'm going to get a police officer when we get there." She sighed. "Both of you stay with him and don't you dare take anything from anyone."

"We won't." Daichi stated.

They pulled into the parking lot and got out. Each one knew that a particular blue car they passed was Sugawara's mother's car and rushed to get up to the room.

His mother was sitting on the bed, stroking his hair. Gin was in a chair, on his phone. Everything looked normal.

Daichi went to the other side of the bed. It was more comfortable this way, as the IV was over on her side and he'd get tangled and hurt Sugawara. So he sat on his good side and gripped his hand gently.

"Has he been asleep this whole time?"

"They put him under. It's so his body is able to rest."

"Oh…" Daichi sighed. Asahi opened his mouth, closed it, and then walked out. "Ah… is he okay?"

"I'll check."

Shinju walked out. A moment later she returned and a police officer stood on the inside of the door. Asahi looked nervous. Even more than normal.

"Asahi? Are you okay?"

"Um… hospitals don't put patients under when they have seizures." He whispered.

"Oh." Sugawara's mother stopped what she was doing. "He was asleep when we walked in here."

Daichi nodded. "He must be really tired then."

"I think we should let him rest." Sugawara's mother responded.

"It's alright. I'll stay here."

Gin looked up from his phone. Sugawara's mother looked at him and then at Daichi. "Can we at least have some more time with him? Alone?"

"I don't-"

"Please?"

Daichi gulped. He was supposed to respect his elders. He stood and entered the hall with his mother and Asahi. Soon after the police officer stepped out. He walked away, not having anything to worry about.

"Seriously, this is suspicious." Daichi mumbled.

"I'm thinking." Shinju mumbled.

"Yes ma'am."

"As soon as she comes out we're going to wake him up."

"Alright."

After at least an hour she walked out, smiling and bidding them a goodbye.

Daichi hurried back into the room and went to the bed. He shook his shoulder gently. "Suga. Suga wake up."

"Mm…"

Daichi saw a bright tint on Sugawara's cheeks and froze. He set his palm on Sugawara's forehead and his eyes widened. "M-mom… he's burning up…"

"What? He shouldn't be."

"He is. Really bad."

Shinju set her hand on Sugawara's forehead. "Oh God…"

They watched as Sugawara's chest started to rise and fall quickly. He whimpered uncontrollably, his head moving to the side. "MOM."

"Hang on. Stay here."

She left and Suga started panting heavily, eyes opening. Sweat started to bead on his forehead and both boys panicked.

"IV…" Sugawara whimpered, skin feeling like it was on fire.

Asahi hurried to the pole and bit a nail. "It's cloudy."

"Hah… hot… hot… hot..." Sugawara whispered, face reddening further.

"Oh god what do I do…" Sugawara cried out, hair soaked with sweat.

"It's hot…"

Several doctors rushed in and Daichi and Asahi were forced out.

"Oh no."

"They're testing his blood and trying to stabilize him. It's okay."

"Mom someone put something in his IV."

Shinju immediately forced the door open and hurried to tell the doctors this. The IV was taken out of the room and down to a lab where it would be tested.

The whole time this happened, neither of the two visitors showed back up. Even after being called.

When I started writing where Suga heats up I SHIT YOU NOT my whole body started to get hot.

And I'm not even sick.