Chapter 28

"Okay, now we can go." Daichi stated, leading Suga to the front door. Asahi followed them, seemingly excited.

Sugawara swung Daichi's hand back and forth with his, smiling. Asahi was behind them, watching. "Do you really think Nishinoya and Tanaka will be there?"

"I hope so! They were both really nice yesterday. And I want to help Nishinoya out a little bit. Dai is going to help Tanaka. You'll help me."

"Oh. That is nice." Asahi smiled. "How do I help though?"

"You'll see. Plus, I can help more than one person."

Daichi reached into his shorts pocket and handed Suga a packet of gummies. Sugawara took them and started to eat, still incredibly happy. Daichi smiled, glad he was accepting things without hesitating.

They reached the park, soon seeing the two boys perched on a playground set. "How the hell…"

"HEY!" Nishinoya climbed down from the top of the play structure and hurried over. Tanaka joined him soon after, both grinning. "You guys here to play again?"

"Yep!" Sugawara tucked the wrapper into his pocket. "You guys got the ball?"

"Yep." Tanaka held up the ball.

"Alright. Nishinoya, come with me. Tanaka, go with Dai..." Sugawara paused, his eyes unfocusing. All four looked at him, worried.

"Suga?" Daichi stepped closer, reaching out. "Suga what's wrong?"

Sugawars shook his head. "Sorry. Spaced out there." He smiled and laughed.

"Okay… if you feel dizzy, come get me. Okay?"

"Okay, I will." Sugawara leaned over and pressed a kiss to Daichi's cheek. "Thanks."

"A-ah no problem."

"Come ooooon. I wanna play." Tanaka groaned.

Daichi laughed and led him away from the other three. Sugawara smiled. "Okay. We can start with how low you go when you receive."

Nishinoya went down lower and shrugged. "This is more comfortable."

Sugawara bent down and shifted Nishinoya's foot slightly. "Hey Asahi, make sure he doesn't fall."

Asahi stood behind Nishinoya. The ravenette looked up and smiled. "You look nervous."

"E-eh…"

"Asahi, put your hands on his shoulders."

"O-okay." Asahi gingerly put his hands down. Nishinoya laughed.

"I'm not a little baby. I'll fall if you don't actually hold onto me."

Asahi sighed and tightened his grip slightly. Of course he was scared. Naturally and because Nishinoya was a lot smaller than him.

"There we go."

Sugawara shifted Nishinoya a bit more. "Okay. How does that feel?"

"Better." Nishinoya shifted his weight between his feet, paying attention. "Yeah. How about going down into this."

"Stand up."

"Mkay." He stood and rolled his shoulders.

"Go ahead try to go down on your own."

"Got it." He rolled down, into something similar that Sugawara had showed him. "Yeah that feels comfortable."

"Hey Dai! Toss me the ball real quick!"

Daichi looked over and tossed him the ball. Sugawara thanked him and gestured for Asahi to toss him the ball.

Nishinoya stood and waited for the ball to be tossed to him. He got it and grinned. After several minutes of him receiving they gave the ball back to Daichi.

"You're a natural at this. Awesome." Sugawara smiled. "So how are we going to…"

Asahi stepped forward, worried. "Suga? Are you just spacing out?" Sugawara didn't respond, just staring into space. He looked so out of it… "Daichi!"

Daichi stopped what he was doing and looked over. "Is he okay?"

"I-I don't know. He's not responding to me…"

"Alright." Daichi hurried over and tried to snap Sugawara back into reality. "Suga. Suga look at me."

"I feel fuzzy." Sugawara whispered, sounding distant.

Nishinoya and Tanaka sent worried glances to each other. "Is he okay?"

Daichi shook his head and set a hand on Sugawara's shoulder. "Kouchi. Look at me." Sugawara clutched onto Daichi's arm for a moment before letting go and nearly collapsing, breathing heavily.

Asahi and Daichi held him up for a moment, trying to figure out what was wrong. Nishinoya came closer. "I think you need to lay him down."

"U-um why?"

"Just do it. I don't think he's just spacing out."

"Are you sure?" Daichi glanced at someone hurrying to them. "A-ah hello."

"Is he okay?"

"I don't know."

"Just lay him down." Nishinoya said quickly.

"He's right." The woman said.

"See!"

"Okay." Daichi eased him down onto the ground and felt him start to shake. "Oh God… what is he doing?"

The woman who had been standing there immediately crouched down and looked at the boys. She spotted Nishinoya's flannel tied around his waist and gestured to it. "Hand me that."

Nishinoya handed it to her and she put it under Sugawara's head. "What's happening?"

Sugawara's body started to convulse, startling the other boys. The lady sighed and started to feel of Sugawara's forehead, further confusing the boys. "He's having a seizure... Will one of you talk to him while I time this?"

Daichi leaned down and replaced her hand with his. "Suga… it's okay. It's okay." Sugawara made a choking noise and kept shaking.

"Two minutes." The lady whispered. A few moments later she pulled out her phone and started talking quickly. "What is his name?"

"Sugawara Kouchi." Asahi answered.

Sugawara stopped shaking, breathing heavily. "Alright. Turn him on his side."

Daichi and Asahi did so. Sugawara coughed for a moment, saliva coming out quickly. Nishinoya reached down and wiped his chin with the shirt under his head.

"Just calm him back down. It's okay."

Daichi rubbed his shoulder and back. "It's alright Suga. Breathe."

"Mm…" He coughed and started to space out again. The woman snapped quickly, trying to get him to come back.

"Oh god… okay. He's going to have another one."

"Wait, isn't that super bad?" Tanaka questioned.

"It is but there is an ambulance on the way." She sighed as Sugawara started to shake again. This was more violent than the previous jerking movements. He kept making soft choking noises, coughing in between.

Asahi looked like he was going to cry and Nishinoya noticed. He eased closer and put his head down on Asahi's arm. "It's okay."

Asahi looked down and nodded, nervous. Nishinoya just sighed and kept watching.

Soon enough an ambulance pulled up right as Sugawara was calming back down, seemingly drowsy. He wouldn't answer any questions correctly and if it was somewhat correct it was slurred and in a confused tone.

This wasn't going to be good.