Chapter 23

"That's not normal?" Asahi whispered.

"No! No it's not!" Shinju said quickly. "Asahi is there any other markings on you? Anywhere?"

"I mean… it's probably gone."

"Show me. Now." Shinju handed Suga the ice pack and bent down. Asahi lifted his shirt up and sighed.

"It's gone."

"What was there?"

"A bruise…"

"She bruised you?"

"Well yeah…"

"Oh no…" Shinju glanced outside and saw a cop car pull into the driveway and gulped. "Oh yes. Alright. Come with me."

Sugawara and Daichi were left in the living room while the two others went outside. "Suga?"

"Mm?"

"It hurts, doesn't it?"

"A lot actually…" Sugawara whispered. He leaned his head back, closing his eyes.

"It might bruise."

"Yeah." Sugawara sighed shakily. He pressed the ice pack to his wrist. "Honestly not the worst pain… obviously…"

"Right." Daichi sighed. "Sorry."

"I'm good. Just kinda… I dunno… sucks. His mom sucks. Pain sucks." He paused. "Ah what the hell. That was so negative!"

Daichi laughed quietly. "It's okay."

"Ah that was really bad for me to say… sorry."

"It's okay." Daichi wrapped his arms around Suga's waist and held him. "What do you think will happen?"

"I don't know…"

"Wanna see?"

"Mm. Sure." Sugawara inhaled deeply and stood. "Lets go."

Daichi grabbed his hand and led him outside. Shinju turned and smiled. "Is your wrist okay?"

"I mean… it's a little sore. It might bruise."

"Alright. Come over here." Shinju led him away, towards a police officer.

Daichi turned to Asahi. "You good?"

"Yeah. Nothing is going to happen though. My mom can say things to get herself out of situations like this..." Asahi answered, nervously smiling. He shifted his weight to his other foot and sighed. "I'm sorry about Suga."

"It's alright. He really doesn't mind."

"I still feel kinda bad."

"It's okay." Daichi turned his head back to Sugawara, who was listening to a police officer. "Besides, he'll bruise easier until he gets better... Mom and I have got stuff to sneak into his food and water. A weight gaining thing."

"Well that's good. How much has he gained?"

"Barely five pounds… it's hard to gain weight for him apparently." He smiled as Sugawara turned and started walking towards him. He extended an arm and the older male tucked himself into that area. Asahi smiled.

"Do you feel okay?"

"Oh yeah I'm okay. Are you?"

"I am."

"Good." Sugawara looked up and smiled. "You seemed worried too."

"Well you bruise easily. So yeah." Daichi kissed his forehead. "You two both need a bit of help to be honest."

Sugawara flicked his forehead, glaring. "Stop with that."

"Ow… stop with what?"

"That negative stuff."

Asahi tilted his head. "It didn't sound that negative- ow!"

Sugawara pulled his hand back. "You stop too."

Asahi rubbed his shoulder, pouting. "Okay."

****

In the end, Asahi's mother never got in trouble. She had information on one of the police officers that they couldn't let out. So Asahi went back home. His father was home so he was okay now. No way he'd get hurt if his father was home.

Sugawara had to eat with the rest of Daichi's family, pushing himself to eat more so that he could actually try and get better. He technically wasn't supposed to push himself but it was helping in some way.

But he didn't know that his plate had things in it to actually boost his health in a sense.

"Does your arm feel alright Sugawara?" Daichi's father questioned. Suga looked up and nodded, mouth half way full of rice. Daichi looked over and chuckled. "That's good."

Daichi reached over and gently brushed away a piece of rice from the boy's cheek. Sugawara swallowed, blushing. "Hi."

"Pfft." Daichi turned back to his plate, smiling.

Sugawara turned to Shinju, confused. "Did I do something?"

"He just thinks you're cute. Typical Daichi things." She answered, knowing her son's face turned into a bright red.

"Mom."

"Oh hush." She laughed and gently pinched Sugawara's cheek. He smiled, laughing as well. "Aw… you are adorable…"

"Mom you're going to bruise his cheek." Sugawara turned and stuck his tongue out.

"You two are so cute I swear. Neil." Shinju turned to her husband, smiling. "Aren't they the cutest thing?"

"I… I guess." He cleared his throat. "I don't know."

Shinju rolled her eyes and turned back to Sugawara, pinching his cheek again. "Hey."

"Mm?"

"I'm proud of you."

"A-ah thank you." Sugawara looked at his plate, blushing. Everyone here was so nice…

"So you're birthday is really soon." Shinju yawned. "What do you want to do?"

Sugawara shrugged. "Not a lot."

"Your throat hurts, doesn't it?" Daichi questioned.

"Kinda."

Daichi nodded. "Do you want to just stay here for your birthday then?"

"Mhm."

"You want a cake?" Sugawara nodded, smiling. "Ah. What type?"

"Vanilla."

Shinju nodded, typing under the table. Daichi noticed. "What type of frosting?"

"Lemon."

"Lemon?"

"It's sweet."

"Ah okay." Daichi smiled. "Like sugar."

"Or Suga." His mother pointed out.

Sugawara smiled. This household was so nice. Even after everything he'd been through and put them through. He really didn't deserve them…