Chapter 12

"Dai, are you ready to go?"

"Mhm. Hang on." Daichi looked up smiled. He finished tying his shoes and stood. Daichi grabbed his bag and kissed Sugawara's forehead. "Lets go. Asahi! Come on!"

Asahi closed his book and followed them outside. "So tomorrow we'll be at your house to do homework?"

"Right." Daichi stated. He laced his fingers with Suga's and squeezed lightly. "Do you want to stay the night? Just so we can get done and have some fun afterwards."

"I don't know… my parents don't like me staying over at friends' houses…" 

"Yeah but it's me. Doesn't your mom trust mine?"

"I think so… she doesn't talk to me too much."

"Hm. I'll ask then."

"Thanks."

"No problem." Daichi turned to Sugawara. He smiled and laughed. "You okay?"

"Mhm!" Sugawara blew a bubble with his gum, still smiling. Daichi popped it with his finger and grinned. Sugawara frowned and put the rest of the gum back into his mouth.

"Don't be a jerk Dai."

"Sorry, sorry." Daichi let go of Sugawara's hand and wrapped his arm around his shoulders instead. He glanced at Asahi, who looked worried. "You okay?"

"Mhm."

"Asahi. Don't lie."

"I'm not." Asahi pulled out his book again. Sugawara snatched it from him and held it away.

"Tell the truth."

"Eh… I just kind of wish I had someone too. It's nothing bad. I'm jot jealous either. Just being patient."

"Patience is good." Sugawara handed him the book back. Asahi held it to his chest, not wanting it to be snatched again. "I hope someone comes along for you soon."

"Thank you." Asahi smiled.

Daichi kept up the conversation, talking about how strange their team acted, their sleeping arrangement that night, and how happy he was to have the other two. It was normal. For once.

Asahi had ended up staying the night, on a comfortable futon next to Daichi's bed. Sugawara was curled up with Daichi, comfortable. He had occasionally curled up with Daichi during the night, as he'd done for the last two months. It made him feel better than being by himself, all cold and scared.

****

"Mm. Dai wake up." Sugawara mumbled. He pressed a kiss to Daichi's lips gently and laughed. "Daichiiiiiii. Wake uuuuuup."

Daichi sighed and opened his eyes. "Hey…"

Sugawara giggled softly and kissed him again. "Asahi is still asleep."

"Mm... Okay. Why'd you wake me up though?"

"Cause I wanted to talk to you for a little bit. I'm deciding to be sappy."

"Pfft." Daichi closed his eyes. "Go back to sleep."

"Aw." Sugawara reached over and grabbed a stuffed animal. Daichi opened an eye and watched as Sugawara held the toy, a small snow rabbit. Daichi leaned down and started to run his fingers through Sugawara's hair. "Mm?"

"Did I upset you?"

"Uh uh."

"Okay." Daichi pressed a kiss to Sugawara's forehead and smiled. "You feel okay?"

"Mhm." He turned his head to the side and grinned. "You're adorable."

Daichi blushed. "H-hey… don't say that…"