chapter 1

Well, this is me, just a boring lonely teenager. My name is Renji Yosuka, I'm half Japanese living in America. I have long black hair that curls at the end with blue eyes and normal with a peach-colored skin tone.  Age sixteen. I never really been good with girls, so I'm sure you can guess what I do most nights. I did talk to a girl once when I was really young. I live alone, my family died in a house fire years ago. It was odd that I saw some man with a top hat and a cane but not sure who it was. The government pays for my home and in return, I must go to school and be able to pay for my own food and such. My daily routine is I wake up, make some breakfast using eggs, toast, and bacon. Then I take a shower and get dressed then walk to my bus stop. but something was odd today. This girl with brown hair and a pink shirt with a bag stood in the spot I normally do, I will typically be at the bus stop by myself. But today that changed.

"What the?" Renji thought to himself as he walked up to the girl standing. He took a small glance to notice the features of the girl. "Who is this? no one has ever been to this bus stop beside me" Renji kept talking in his mind. " but she does look nice" he said admiring the beautiful young girl next to him. " hey, umm" Renji mumbled out loud. "uhhhh, yo-you are new to this school, right? Renji said looking over to her. " you don't have to reply " Renji said looking away.  The girl looked over as if she was annoyed by his talking. " I am" she replied. " I'm not used to talking to people," she said closing her eyes. " oh, well I understand," Renji said as he muttered. " I'm surprised, no one ever does" the girl continued saying. A long yellow bus pulled up in front of them. " no one huh" Renji thought to himself. " well the bus is here" he said as he took his steps forward. The two of them got on the bus and moved towards the very back on opposite sides. The bus was already filled with other people and it started to move to the school. The girl at the bus stop started looking out the window. " she's so cute, I need to talk to her more" Renji thought to himself as he stared at the girl across from him. " I can't be falling for her already am I? I just met her two minutes ago". Renji continued to battle in his mind the entire trip. Around forty-five minutes have passed and the school bus finally made it to the school. All the students began to get off the bus including the girl. " hello sir, can you show me around the school" she said walking up to one of the supervisors standing outside the main entrance to the school. " I'm the principal, and ill gladly show you around and give you your schedule," the tall man in the suit said. " follow me," the principal said as he turned around and entered the school building. Renji was standing outside watching them. " Hey man!" a boy with orange hair and goggles on his head yelled from behind. The boy had a blue shirt with brown straps across each side on it. " The hell is those on your head" Renji replied looking back. " super badass goggles," the boy said with confidence. " you look gay," Renji said in a ridiculing way. " Don't gotta hurt my feelings" the boy said with a fake depressed look. " it's almost time to go to class." the boy said looking at the entrance of the school. Most of the other students had already gone in. " And this will be your new homeroom classroom," the principal said pointing at a brown door. next, the door had a sign saying room number thirty- seven. " Thank you, ill wait right here until class starts. The girl sat down next to the door under the sign and closed her eyes as if she were going to sleep.

"hey, will you go with me to my locker," Renji said to the orange-haired boy. " umm, sure" the boy replied walking behind Renji. By the way, who is that girl, never seen her before" the boy said pointing down the hall at the girl sitting down next to the door. " oh that's the new girl" Renji said as he gently smiled. " Do you like her?" the boy said with a devious smile. " ima kill you" Renji replied with an annoyed but embarrassed expression. " go talk to her" the boy who's new nickname was goggles. " ima stab you" Renji said looking over. " I already did talk to her at my bus stop," Renji said as his face slightly became red. The school bells started to ring, and the students who were in the hallways walked into different classrooms. " ill meet you in class, I gotta go put my bookbag away" Renji said smiling. He continued down the hall and put in his locker combination. His hand swung open the locker door, he took out a binder from his bag and shoved it in his locker. " hey...you" a feminine voice echoed from behind. The girl from earlier was standing behind him. " oh it's you" Renji said looking back at her. " can...you help me with my locker combination" the girl said as she was blushing. The two made eye contact. "hmm, sure, where is it?" Renji said looking down at her. " it's down the hall" the girl muttered. The two silently walked down the hallway, the sound of their loud footsteps echoed across the floor. " its right there" the girl said pointing down at the smaller locker just slightly above the ground. Renji got on his knees and positioned his hand around the lock. " whats the numbers" he uttered. " Three- twenty seven- one the girl said looking at Renji's fingers twisting the knob. " alright Renji said looking up at her". " your eyes are so pretty" Renji quietly said under his breath. " what..." the girl said her face turned red. HUH," Renji said as the shock of realization had hit him, she had heard what he said. " NOTHING!, NOTHING! Renji yelled in nervousness as he twisted the locker knob faster and faster. " Just hurry up" the girl groaned pretending to ignore the situation. The awkwardness was floating in the air between them. The locker door swung open hard. " THERE YOU GO !" Renji said in embarrassment as his words became jumbled up. SEE YA IN CLASS!" Renji yelled as he ran down the hallway as fast as he could. The girl stood in shock watching the boy flee but the only thing that she could express was a smile. A smile she hasn't had in a long time. " why are you late to class" the teacher said scolding Renji. " sorry I was helping another student with her locker" he said looking up to the man standing in front of him. Renji walked towards the back of the class and sat in the seat next to his best friend. Goggles was sleeping with his head planted into the desk. The classroom door opened once more. The girl from before walked in. "sorry I was late" the girl said looking around the class. Renji looked up. Renji and the girl looked at each other. "My name is Cierra,"  the girl said out loud.