Clouded Thoughts: P2

Hello readers! And yeah, I finally got around to this. I have no more to say, so go forth and read on! (WARNING: SHIPPING AND SLIGHT GORE)

~~~~~

Throwing a message into his communicator, he sped after the lightning strike.

<Grian> FOLLOW ME!

Ren, Bdubs, and X quickly shared a nod, then slapped on their elytras and rocketed into the air. "I saw a flash of lightning over there! Like the ones Doc's hammer makes!" Grian called over his shoulder, flying up and then diving to gain more speed. X nodded, blasting another rocket. The others quickly followed suit, and a few minutes later Grian dove into a dive, followed by X in a gentle swirl, Ren taking off his elytra and putting them back on at the last second, and Bdubs just copying Grian. They were behind a thin line of trees and foliage, on the other side there was an obvious clearing. They all dropped into crouches, watching. There was Doc, in the middle of the field, gripping his hammer tightly. he had red electricity arching all over his body, like a charged creeper. He turned around to someone behind him stiffly, and dropped into a kneel. A seemingly very tall person- just a bit above Doc- was in a black and gold cloak, looming over the hybrid. In a dark, nearly quiet voice, they said "Now kill the intruders." Doc stiffly jerked around, staring directly at the three's hiding place. Exchanging a scared look, they leaped out, all thinking the same thing. Doc won't kill us. he knows us...Right?  not even a flash of recognition went through Doc's eyes as he threw his hammer directly at Grian. The Brit dove out of the way, and there was a sickening CRACK. He slowly stood up, his wing hanging at an unnatural angle. A tear fell off his face. "D-Doc?" he asked pleadingly, holding a hand in front of his face. "..." Doc did not respond, he just caught his hammer as it was flying back to him, then he threw it at X and ran after Ren. Bdubs ran over and shoved X out f the way of the hammer, which flew past them and exploded a tree. Ren, who was now being tackled and strangled and electrocuted by a certain Doc, was yelling and whimpering as Grian started pulling on Doc's coat with tears in his eyes. "DOC STOP IT!!" he yelled, dragging his injured wing along the ground. The cyborg whipped around, then threw Grian at least a mile by his neck. Grian hit the ground on his bad wing once again, and cried out in pain. Ren blindly lashed out with suddenly dog-like claws, tearing four long, bloody gashes in Doc's left arm. He only grunted, kicking Ren in the face and grabbing his hammer out of the air. With now two hermits out of it, Doc slowly marched, almost robotically, towards X and Bdubs. He ripped off X's helmet roughly and threw it at a rock, causing the filter to shatter. Bdubs threw his arm in front of X, shaking. Doc just tossed his former base-mate aside like a mere toy, picking up X by the throat. The admin's purple eyes stared at him in shock, his purple hair sticking out in all directions as he clawed at his neck. Doc suddenly dropped him, falling to his knees. The cyborg was twitching in every place that was still organic, his eye as wide as it could be. "Doc?" X croaked, reaching out. the hybrid flinched away, then stiffened again, turning around and marching over to the hooded figure. Suddenly, a small figure leaped onto his back and thomped him on the head. Doc crumpled to the ground, Grian holding a heavy rock and sitting on his back. Tossing the rock aside, he yanked Doc over his left shoulder, so as not to disturb his broken wing. Bdubs pulled up Ren and a panicked X grabbed his helmet and surveyed the damage worriedly. "Xisuma! Come on!" Grian called, racing into the woods as fast as possible. X complied, following swiftly. As the four hermits, now five, left the clearing, not one stopped to think about how they got away so quickly.

~~~Time/Travel skip~~~

As a few more hermits logged on, they all flocked to help Doc. He was still unconscious, after three weeks now. Every med and redstoner on the server was helping Doc: The meds working on his organic parts, the redstoners working on robotic parts. Then, one day, on a brain scan, Tango found something. Doc's brain chip, the thing that most of him functioned on, had influence from an outside source. How wrong could someone be?! He quickly put a message in the server-wide chat.

<TangoTek> EMERGENCY!!! EVERYONE TO DOC!

Very quickly, various "I'll be right there" and "WAIT WHAT'S WRONG WITH HIM?!" followed, and soon the room was full of hermits. Tango quietly explained the situation to X, who was currently using a backup filter, that 1: looked like an asthma mask and 2: made him sound like Darth Vader. With a strange breath noise, X turned around and repeated what tango said. Many gasps followed, some of confusion, some of outrage, some of worry. Soon, all the redstoners were helping to get Doc's brain back to normal, and the medics were getting everyone else to a place where they could wait. Fairly soon, Doc was staring glassy eyed at the ceiling, and the group was analyzing his chip. Carefully removing the outside influence, and doing their best to not root around in his memories, they finished. Placing the chip back in its place, they prayed to Notch that Doc would wake up.

~~~The Very Next Day...~~~

Doc's POV

I sat up, rubbing my head. Where in the world was I? That place...? No, I was in a soft bed. It was...Pink? My bed... I reached up to rub my eye, and found my arm not responding. I looked at where my right arm usually was, and was shocked to see it missing. Instead, there it was on my bedside. I coughed roughly, reaching over and easily clicking the cybernetic limp back in place. As my ears focused, I heard snippets of conversation around me. "Is he- was worried." "Maybe- sometimes he-" I unsteadily tried to stand, but that just had me fall back down again. Noticing the noise, X and Mumbo rushed over. Apparently, they always left a medic and a redstoner on shift with me. The two explained the situation, and X called everyone over.

<Xisumavoid> HE'S AWAKE!!!!!!!!!

Every single hermit immediately flew, or ran, or portal-hopped over to Doc. I was quickly surrounded- well, as surrounded as I could be, with my height- by hermits and flooded with gifts and excited hugging. I wasn't pleased about the latter, but I accepted the gifts with "Thank you" and variants of it. One hermit's sentence caught my attention though. "Three weeks Doc! Three. WEEKS!!" I whipped around "What?! I was out for three weeks?!" I asked, alarmed. "Yes." Grian said, stepping forward with a worried expression. "That was how long you were unconscious in your bed. You were gone for much longer." X added, puffing a Darth Vader breath. "Wow..." I muttered, looking down at the floor. And then I was looking at the top of Grian's head, as he had decided to hug me again. "Never again." The littlest hermit muttered, holding me tight. I smiled. "Never again." I agreed.

~~~~~

Soooo...Sorry for this being late? I mean...Well, never mind! All joking aside, hope you enjoyed the end of this! Or is it? Working on the epilogue for some ANNNGST >:D

~Chat, signing off~