Werewolf AU

Hello readers! I'm starting off with Grian's origin, so buckle up! >:D

/!\ (WARNING: SLIGHT GORE) /!\

~~~~~

Grian's POV

I grinned hugely, hefting my shulker. "It was great to hang out today! Especially since you aren't really around at all..." I said with a smile, trailing off at the end. Mumbo nervously fidgeted with his own shulker box. "Ah, well...I'm a busy guy!" He said, scratching behind his ear. I furrowed my brow. "No one is busy all year, Mumby." I said, frowning. Mumbo looked up at the darkening sky and froze. "Uh...Grian?" He whispered. "Yeah?" I asked, confused. "What's the date?" I glanced at my phone. "July 16th, why?" I said, arching an eyebrow. My friend paled noticeably, his eyes wide. "Let's hurry on to your place, I need to pack up." He said, planting a firm hand on my shoulder and speedwalking towards my apartment building. I tried to protest, but he just gently pushed me in the elevator. Once at my floor, he locked himself in the guest room, slamming the door a bit harder than necessary. I stood there in front of his room for a while, by now the moon was shining through the window behind me. I was getting worried. I carefully unlocked the door, opening it a crack. "Mumby?" I called. "GRIAN NO!" Mumbo yelled, before the blood-tinted light of the moon hit him and he collapsed on the floor, writhing in pain. I dove to help him, shaking his shoulder roughly. "Mumbo what's wrong?! I can get you to the hospital!" I said, panicking. Mumbo shook his head. "Grian, run." He commanded, digging his claws into the carpet. Wait. Claws?! It was true. Black fur was sprouting out the backs of my friends hand, his nails turning to claws. He threw his head back and howled. The huge, black werewolf turned to me, a crazed look in his eyes. A hungry look. I scrambled away, my eyes wide in fear and shock. He leaped at me, managing to get a good bite out of my upper arm. I screamed, diving into the closet. I locked the door behind me, piling everything in front of it and hiding in the back. I tore a bit of cloth off of a coat and tied it around the stinging, bleeding wound. Mumbo scratched at the door, snarling ferally. I trembled in place, not daring to make a sound. Eventually I must have fallen asleep.

~Time Skip To Morning~

I slowly came to. Wait- why on Earth am I in my closet? I thought, then everything rushed back to me. I slowly crept over to the door, hearing snores from outside. I shoved the pile of clothes out of my way, opening the door. On the floor in front of me was Mumbo, his hair and groomed moustache a mess, his jacket and shoes nowhere to be seen, his white undershirt and black dress pants tattered. His tie hung loosely around his neck. The most scary part of the image though, was the blood. He had it all over his shirt, matted in his hair and moustache, but mostly dripping from his mouth. My blood. I shuddered, then roughly shook my lycanthrope friend awake. "Mumby. Mumby wake up!" I whispered urgently. Mumbo slowly opened his eyes. "G-Grian?" He whispered as I helped him up. Mumbo shook. "A-are you gonna turn me in?" My friend whimpered. I shook my head. "Mumbo, if I turned you in, I might as well turn myself in." I said, rolling up my sleeve to reveal an ugly bite mark. Mumbo paled. "I-I bit you?" He asked. I nodded. Mumbo buried his head in his hands with a sob. "Grian, I am so sorry..." He whispered. I just shook my head. "Let's get some clothes." I said, pulling Mumbo up. He nodded shakily, getting one of his suits. After we had some clean clothes, Mumbo firmly grabbed my shoulders and looked me in the eye. "Grian, as soon as security sees my transformation on camera, they will call the authorities and we'd both be good as dead. I know a place where you can be safe." He said seriously. I nodded silently, and packed up my stuff, a million thoughts going trough my head. As we got in the car, I scratched my head in confusion. "So are we going to the place where you're always 'busy'?" I asked. Mumbo nodded, keeping his eyes on the road. "It must be really lonely..." I thought out loud. This time, Mumbo laughed. "Nah. I have more company than I'll ever need." He said with a grin. I raised an eyebrow. "There are...Other werewolves at this place?" Mumbo nodded. "X'll tell you everything you need to know when we get there. I'm just hoping that he won't feed me to his brother. Or Ren." Mumbo said those last two sentences with a shiver. My eyes widened. "Oh my actual god-" I muttered, looking out the window.

~One Very Long Drive Later~

Mumbo pulled the car over into the small parking lot of an abandoned hiking trail. "This is it?" I asked, a little underwhelmed. He shook his head. "We have some walking to do. But first-" He said, pulling his phone out. He texted someone quickly and waited. As the reply came up with a "bling!" sound, my friend winced. "What is it?" I asked, a bit worried. "X is mad at me. But he sent Iskall to come pick us up." The mustached man said with a sigh. Fairly soon, an average height man with a blue cybernetic eye came out to greet them. "Hey Mumbo. This is the guy you bit, huh?" He said in a distinctly Swedish accent. I nodded. "Well, time for protocol." Iskall grumbled with an exasperated sigh. "Bite marks?" He asked. Mumbo rolled up his pant leg to reveal a huge, nasty bite scar on the back of his calf. I rolled up my sleeve to show the Swede where Mumbo had bit me last night. Iskall winced. "Yep, that's Mumbo's bite..." He muttered. "Come on you two. X is waiting." He said, walking into the woods. I watched Mumbo follow him without question, and I hesitantly followed. I glanced over my shoulder, to the lot with my car in it. Goodbye, normal life. I thought with a quiet chuckle, before turning around and racing after my friend.

~~~~~

I actually really liked that, lol. Have some angst. I honestly don't know how to do an outro for this, so that's all you're getting today.

~Chat, signing off~