Chapter 37- Animals

I tap my pencil in annoyance as I wait for the bell to ring. "This isn't my favorite class either" Nathaniel mutters without looking up from his sketchbook.

"Tell me about it. I just want to get out of here." I glance over to Nathaniel's paper, and see a picture of me-err-Alley Cat fighting Desperada with her mirror. "Since when do you draw Alley Cat?" I whisper.

"Marc and I want to add her to our comics, this is my first time drawing her, so it's not my best work."

"Are you kidding? You made me- I mean her- look amazing!"

"Thanks, (yn)"

Suddenly a a woman with dark skin bursts through the door. She has large bird wings. Her hair is in dreadlocks with large beads. She has a mask and suit with a leopard print, and feather skirt. Her wrists and ankles are covered in bracelets, and she had an ornate necklace. On the womans back sits a bow and a pack of arrows.

"Attention all!" She yells. "All you humans think you're better than the animals and plants on this Earth, so now let's reverse the roles!" She takes out her bow and shoots a boy in the front named Kim.

Kim stares in shock for a moment before a golden glow illuminates off of him. When the glow fades a monkey with a blonde tuff of hair sits in his place. It only takes me a moment to realize that the monkey is Kim.

The woman walks triumphantly over to Kim, and smirks. "What did you do to me?!" Kim yells, waving his monkey hands.

"Don't worry. In only 24 hours you'll not only have the body of a monkey, but the mind of one too!" She laughs.

"What does that mean?" Kim nervously asks.

"it means that soon you won't be able to speak or think like a human. You'll be full monkey." She says, scratching his chin.

"Who are you?!" Kim angrily yells.

"My name is Lamina." She pulls out her bow and begins shooting arrows at the students. In a full two minutes, teenage girls and boys are now tigers, rams, lizards, dogs, zebras, and more. Sounds of terror mixed with the sounds of wild animals begin to fill the room.

When Lamina is turned in a different direction, I grab Nathaniel's hand and bolt for the door. "This isn't what I meant when I said that I wanted to get out of here..." I mumble. When we get out of the room animals are swarming the halls and courtyard.

"(Yn)? Nathaniel?!" A voice calls.

I look down to see a turtle with a red baseball cap on its shell.

"Nino?" Nathaniel asks in disbelief.

"You dudes gotta go! Remaining students are meeting in the nurses room because it has one of the strongest doors." Nino says.

"Thanks Nino!" I say.

As me and Nathaniel run down the steps, I stop. "What is it?" Nathaniel asks.

"I need to get more students, you go ahead!" I say.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, now go!"

Nathaniel runs down the stairs, and I run back up them. I run into an empty classroom, and Kitti flies out.

"You ready?" I ask.

"You know it!" She says smiling.

"Kitti, whiskers on!"