Chapter 3

IN THE AFTERNOON- AFTER LUNCH

"Come on! Hurry up Jade!" Kelce calls.

"You could've just worn the swimsuit under!" Sarah yells.

"Wait up!" Jade says, running out of the country club and onto Topper's boat.

The Kooks had lunch at the club and were on their way to a volunteering session that Michaela helped put together. They were all supposed to be helping to clean up the beach after the Hurricane, which left a huge mess.

She ran across the field and onto the boat.

"Should've joined track with those legs." Rafe says, checking her out.

"Yeah so I can run away from you." Jade teases as he put an arm around her shoulder.

"You know, I would've helped if I knew you were gonna take so long

"You know, I would've helped if I knew you were gonna take so long." Rafe mutters, putting a strand of her messy waves behind her ears.

"I'm gonna vomit." Sarah says, pretending to retch.

"Yeah, me too." Kelce says.

"How do you guys think I feel?" Wheezie mutters under her breath.

"Shut up, sleezy." Sarah jokes.

"Incoming, Agatha's trash washed up." Topper comments as the boat was passing the Pogues.

"Be nice, this is how you got a gun pointed at your head. Just look away, if you can't see them they can't see you." Jade says to Topper.

 She gently grabbed Rafe's chin and made him look at her instead of the Pogues, Rafe used that as an excuse to kiss her on the lips instead.

THE POGUES ON THE BOAT

"You know they could at least pretend to see us." Kie says, seeing the Kooks pass by in Topper's boat.

"J's been acting like we don't exist for a year. Nothing new." JJ says.

"J?" Kie asks

"J?" Kie asks.

"Jade." John B says.

"You guys know her?" Kie asks, surprised. She was a girl from the Kook academy but Kie didn't know much about her.