Chapter 6

THE PARTY — 2:30 AM

"You okay?" Rafe asks, kissing her forehead, the two were snuggling in bed.

"Yeah, I'm fine." She smiles.

"Was it uh- everything you wanted it to be?" Rafe asks, awkwardly. They had both done cocaine and now the rush was fading away, leaving them both sober.

"Perfect." Jade says, kissing him on the cheek.

She got up and picked up her bikini from the floor and put the top back on.

"Oh shit.. I'm sorry. My bad." Rafe says, scrunching his face. He saw the bruises that he left on her body.

Normal Rafe was rough, but high Rafe was even rougher. It was just a Rafe thing.

"What?" She asks.

"There's like bruises over there." Rafe says, motioning to the part of her body.

"Really?" She asks, trying to look.

"Oh shit." She says, seeing the bruises in the mirror.

"I'm sorry, I'll uh get you some ice or something." Rafe says, getting up.

" Rafe says, getting up

"No- no it's fine. I gotta get back home anyways, it's pretty late." Jade says, putting back on the oversized denim jacket she used as a swimsuit coverup.

"You need a ride?" Rafe offers.

"I'll be fine, it's a five minute walk, the sound of your motorcycle is gonna wake the whole block up." Jade says, wrapping her arms around him.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" Rafe asks, kissing her forehead.

"Mhm." She says, giving him a quick peck on the lips.

THE WRECK (LUNCHTIME) — THE NEXT DAY

"What time did you guys get home last night?" Michaela asks.

Kelce and Jade looked at each other with wide eyes, they didn't think anyone would notice if they snuck out.

"Two." Kelce says.

"Three." Jade says.

"You left without her? She could've gotten roofied!" Michaela says.

"I was busy!" Jade says, putting her arms up.

"She has a boyfriend, you know. Rafe?" Kelce says.

"Baby gentrifier. Just like Ward huh?" Michaela says.

"Calm down. They just develop properties." Jade says.

"So, what are your plans for college?" Michaela asks.

"Uhhh I'll just go to Kildare Community College." Jade says, shrugging. She had never thought of being able to go to college. She would've never been able to afford.