Chapter 18

MIDSUMMERS PT IV

THE CAMERON RESIDENCE

"Why are you crying on the couch?" Wheezie asks, being nosy. Jade just turned around to the other side so she wouldn't have to see Wheezie.

"I'm not crying," Jade says, denying it.

"Leave her alone, Wheezie," Sarah says, looking for the right map

"What are you doing with the maps?" Wheezie asks.

"Wheezie I need you to cover for me tonight," Sarah asks.

"Why?" Wheezie asks.

"I'm sneaking out with John B." Sarah says.

"And I'm third-wheeling," Jade says, groaning. She was drunk and sad.

"What happened to you?" Wheezie says, looking at Jade, who was clearly a mess.

"Your brother's an ass so I dumped him." Jade says, groaning.

"But I didn't really want to.. you know like you tear up your walls and tell a guy all your deepest darkest secrets and then you sleep with him and he just goes off and acts like he doesn't have a girlfriend and calls another girl hot.." Jade starts to ramble.

"Okay, come on, get up." Sarah says.

".. and you know what's worse? He had a thing with her before we started dating!" Jade yells, drunk.

"You try to reinvent yourself, cause here you are! Starting fresh at a new school. I tried to be this badass chick who's all chill and relaxed but I'm still that little scared girl from the trashy side of town." Jade rambles.

"Who? Kiara?" Wheezie asks, nosy.

"Oh my god, you knew?" Jade asks, with a confused look on her face.

"We're going.. come on." Sarah says, dragging Jade out with one hand and carrying the map in another.

"Is he home yet? Actually I wanna say a few words to him." Jade says, her speech slurred.

"Okay, we're leaving. Now!" Sarah yells like she was Jade's mom.

"Bye-bye Louise!" Jade yells, getting dragged out by Sarah.

"Shh! Be Quiet!" Sarah hushes.

"Fine let's go give the map to your Vlad." Jade pouts.

THE POGUES

"Hey, guys so like, my dad's already gonna kill me. So what's this mandatory meeting about?" Pope asks, changing the topic. John B pointed finger guns at JJ.

"Might as well tell him man, before we're gaffed." JJ says.

"You ready for this?" John B asks.

"Yeah." Kiara says.