Chapter 19

MIDSUMMERS PT V

THE HAWK'S NEST

The twinkie pulled up to the Hawk's Nest with the gang in the van.

"Hit it boys!" Pope says.

"We're goin. Recon mission!" JJ announces, opening the door.

"Yo... uh so I think I'm gonna do this one by myself." John B says. Getting a dirty look from Kiara.

"Really?" JJ asks.

"What?" John B asks, seeing the look on everyone's face.

"Nothin brother." JJ says, taking off his hat.

"I just don't want to spook Sarah and Jade with the peanut gallery." John B says.

"I just don't understand why we're involving them at all." Kiara yells.

"Kie, we're not involving her, okay?" John B says, getting a skeptic look from Kiara.

"Its just- it's just like a business meeting." John B says. JJ makes a gulping motion to Pope and the two start cracking up.

"Look, once we get what we need, we cut her loose, alright?" John B says

"Promise me nothing's happening between you two." Kiara says.

"Nothing is happening, Kie." John B reassures.

"I'm being serious. This isn't about you, and this isn't about us. This is about her. Dude she's gonna get inside your head.. Just promise me nothing is happening between you guys." Kiara says.

"I promise." John B says.

"That was really believable." JJ says, sarcastically.

"A hundred percent believable." Pope agrees.

"Anyways, um I'm gonna take care of business." John B says, getting ready to open the door of the car.

"You're gonna take care of it so well." JJ jokes. There was thunder rumbling outside, a storm was coming.

SARAH AND JADE

As the teo were approaching the tower, Jade suddenly stopped.

"What?" Sarah asks, sensing there was something wrong.

"I'm scared of heights." Jade says.

"You went cliff diving with us a couple months ago!" Sarah says.

"Rafe was there.." Jade says. He had always made her feel a little less scared of heights, he jumped off the cliff with her.

"Okay.. uh I'll just go and be quick and you can stay here." Sarah says.

"Yeah." Jade nods, her head was pounding and her feet hurt. There a sound of a lightening bolt which made the two jump.

"Hurry!" Jade says, making Sarah rush. There was a gust of wind that blew by, making her rub her arms due to the cold.