Chapter 7

FLASHBACK CHAPTER

[FLASHBACK: Spring Break Party — 3 months ago]

THE PARTY

It was the Friday night right before the week of spring break. Everyone was excited to finally relax a little, and of course, in Kook fashion, party.

Jade had just gotten adopted by the Locke family a couple days earlier.

"Did you pack yet?" Kelce asks.

"Yeah." Jade nods, as the two snuck out.

"Saint Tropez is beautiful this time of the year." Kelce says.

"I've never been out of the country before to be honest." Jade says, shrugging.

"Good thing we're celebrating." Kelce says.

"What?" Jade asks, surprised.

"You're officially part of the family— well legally, you know." Kelce corrects himself.

"We never go on spring break trips, mom and dad are always busy but they took time off this year for you." Kelce adds on.

"Oh? Really?" Jade asks, it was sweet of them to do so.

"Yeah, really." Kelce says, as the two made their way inside the house where the party was.

"Jade! There you are!" Sarah says, motioning her to come over to the group of girls Sarah was with. Sarah wasn't really close to anyone even when she had big groups of people she was around.

"We're playing a game and you totally have to join." Another girl says.

"Okay? I'm down." Jade says, not really knowing what's going on.

"You're gonna need a drink for this." A different girl says, pulling a beer from the cooler.

"The game is Fuck, Marry, Kill but you have to drink if you agree with another girl's choices." Sarah explains.

"I'm not a lightweight, so I'll be here for a while." Jade challenges.

"So, Topper, Rafe and Kelce." Another girl says. This was before Sarah started dating Topper, of course.

"Kill all of them?" Jade jokes.

"Okay well I'm gonna kill Kelce cause he's my brother and that's gross." Jade says, scrunching her face.

"Uhhh I don't know about the other two.." Jade says, she found Topper and Rafe both repulsive since they were the typical dude-bros filled with toxic masculinity.

"C'mon you gotta choose." A girl says.

"I don't know." Jade says thinking,

"Okay fine, I'll fuck Rafe and marry Topper." Jade says, rolling her eyes. There were gasps in shock throughout the girls.