Chapter 5

LATER THAT NIGHT - THE PARTY

Jade and Kelce had both snuck out later that night, to the first of many parties of the summer. It wasn't her first time at a Kook party, and she wasn't new to the party scene at all.

It was being thrown at one of their friend's houses from the Kook academy- which was the most expensive private school on the island, the only private school on the island.

"Rafe! Rafe! Rafe!" The crowd cheered, but she couldn't find him. She looked up to see that he was on the roof.

"Rafe?" Jade asks, walking onto the roof. She'd been looking everywhere for him.

"Come here, come on." Rafe says, motioning for her to come over to where he was. She hesitates but then goes over to him after a few moments.

"You're safe, don't worry." Rafe says.

"Why are we- what are we doing?" Jade asks.

"Jade! Jade! Jade!" The crowd cheers.

"Oh! Uh- hey guys!" Jade awkwardly says, looking below her to the crowd that was cheering her on. To be honest, she didn't know the names of half of these people, she only stuck with the few kooks she knew.

There were people in the pool, there were people poolside with drinks and the DJ was blasting the music so loud that everyone felt the vibrations of the sound waves.

"Jump! Jump! Jump!" the crowd chanted.

"Alright, you trust me?" Rafe asks, a smirk forming on his face.

"Uh maybe?" She says, not knowing what they were about to do.

"C'mon." Rafe says, picking her up.

"Holy shit! Rafe! What the hell?!" Jade freaks out.

"You're fine, I got you. I can lift like five of you." Rafe chuckles.

"Rafe! This is not funny! I swear to god you better put me down!" Jade says, trying to not look at the view below her. She was scared of heights.

"It's not that far down." Rafe says, trying to relax her.

"How high are you?" Jade laughs.

"Don't worry, I saved some for you." Rafe says, getting closer to the edge.

"Oh my god." Jade groans, looking down.

"Jump! JUMP! JUMP!" The crowd cheers.

"Okay, fine." Jade says sighing, she gave in.

"Chill out. I got you." Rafe says as she wrapped her arms around his neck and held onto him before he jumped off the roof and down into the bottom of the pool, where they both swam their way up.

"Holy shit!" Jade giggles as the crowd went wild.

"That was awesome." She continues.

"Didn't I tell you?" Rafe asks, swimming closer to her and wrapping his arms around her.

"You're crazy." She says.

"Hey everybody!" Rafe yells out, getting the attention to them.

"This is the baddest bitch on Figure Eight- no scratch that, in the OBX." Rafe announces, pointing to Jade, who couldn't stop laughing.

She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him.

SARAH AND TOPPER

"You see, right there is the big dipper." Sarah says, pointing to the stars in the sky.