Chapter 12

I sat in second period with King sitting right next to me. I guess he was my table buddy now whether I wanted him to be or not. It wasn't that I minded him sitting there, but I was getting a lot of glares from girls in my class. One of the girls being Mia.

All week she's been sending me nasty text messages, but I ignored them all. I would be lying if I said they weren't starting to wear on me.

"Alright, so you have two chapters to read by Monday so we can take the quiz." Mrs.Chase says clapping her hands together.

Mrs.Chase liked her job a little to much, but wasn't the normal old cranky lady that normally taught English. She was actually nice.

A grown went through the room as everyone pulled their novels out that she had assigned earlier this week.

"Just because it's Friday, doesn't mean you get to skimp on reading. So if you start now, you might get ahead."

I wasn't looking forward to being stuck at home with Trent. He was still pissed about the whole fighting thing even going as far as to make me call Doug to tell him I would no longer be fighting.

It was fine since I didn't really need the money I would bring in for a fight. I could always sell the chopper I was still working on if it really came down to it.

Really Trent and Diesel were the only ones still mad about it, Damien and Jase were cool with it since I was fine for the most part. I had bruised my ribs enough that they hurt, but there wasn't any tell on the skin there. I still had a bruise healing on my jaw, and a stitch in my eyebrow.

A hand squeezed my thigh making me jump to look at King.

"Hmm?" I ask meeting his eyes.

"What's got you thinking so much?" He questions.

"It's Friday." I answer making him roll his eyes at me.

"I know that."

"Well I was thinking about having to actually speak to Trent. He's still a little frazzled about the whole thing that happened last Saturday."

"You'll be fine. If he gets to be to much you can always hang out at my house. My pops is still on a run so the boys and I got the whole place to ourselves."

I hadn't met his dad yet, over the week I've met most of the club and ol' ladies. Even some of the younger kids. The only guys I hadn't met were the ones who were on a run for the club. That would be his dad, my brother's VP and two other guys who had higher ranks in the club.

"Okay." I agree my eyes dropping to where his hand was still firmly on my leg.

Looking back up to meet his brown eyes he just shrugged not moving his hand while he thumbed through his book. I tried to go back to reading mine, but I was more focused on the heat his hand was putting out.

When the bell rang I stood up letting King's hand drop from my thigh while I gather my things and head for the door.

"Hey princess wait up!" King calls from behind me making me slow my pace.

Together we walk to third period. I think the only class I don't have with him is homeroom.

"Did you study for this math quiz?" He asks and I shrug.

"I'm going to wing it." I tell him and he chuckled.

"Yeah same."

We walk into the room and Olin waves his arms at us as like he had been doing all week every time we enter this class.

"Hey bitches!" He calls looking around seeing that the teacher is no where to be found.

Everyone looks at Olin like he grew a second head as I take my seat in the back which had switched to sitting between Olin and King.