Chapter 14

"I thought you would have listened by now Knight." She sneers and I just look up at her not amused or fazed.

King leans forward next to me as I stay still and just stare at her. The light mood was sucked out of the air when she walked over.

"What's she listening to?" King asks his voice raspy and flat.

Mia just smirks. "It's just a game we play. Me and Rebel like our games." With that she saunters away trying to get people to stare at her ass since if she bent over it would be on full view. Our games, what a trivial fuckin thing. I wasn't playing the game and yet Mia had to constantly insert herself in to my mind, my life. I'm sick of it, and I'm sick of her comments.

"What's she talking about Rebel?" Nadetta asks making me eyes meet hers.

"It's nothing, she's just being a bitch."

"I don't like her." King admits and I nod agreeing. Who did like Mia? Donald Trump maybe, I heard he likes young blonde bitches.

"I'm surprised anyone does." Olin adds.

This makes Nadetta laugh.

"No one likes her, she only gets laid because she is easy."

Even as they talk shit about Mia I feel my phone buzz in my pocket. I glance over to see Mia smirking at me as the glow of her phone illuminated her face. No doubt that was her saying something she couldn't say to my face.

I didn't look at it since King was next to me and that would only give her a reaction.

--------------------

Twelve rolled around and the party was slowly starting to pitter out since high schoolers had a shit tolerance. If they weren't passed out they were stumbling around running into things. Then there were the smart people who didn't drink themselves dead and would be able to leave.

King stands extending a hand down for me to grab as he pulls me up.

"You ready to get out of here?" He asks and I nod.

My mind was still on the awaiting text in my pocket. He pulled me under his arm making me feel warm as we headed for the bikes. Jase had left a little bit ago with that blonde who I was hoping was eighteen or older.

I guess he didn't remember the promise he made to Trent, but either way I was safe and everyone was too far gone to notice me and King. Not that I was embarrassed, but these guys are dramatic bitches. I'm not ready for that shit.

"Will you marry me Olin?" Andrew asks as he got to his bike.

Olin gives me a flat look before glancing at his friend again.

"I don't know if you're my type bud." He says making Andrew glare at him.

"How dare you. I'm everyone's type, I'm a hot chick." Andrew whines making me laugh as I get on behind King.

"Aren't I a hot chick Rebel?" He asks and I nod.

"Oh yeah Andrew, you're the hottest chick." I tell him nodding.

"Even hotter than King?" He asks and I feel King tense glancing back at me while waiting for me to answer.

"Definitely hotter." I say just to get a rise out of King.

King turns to look at me his brown eyes narrowed on me. "You think you're cute don't you." He says and I just smirk up at him.

"I do." I say smiling up at him.

He shakes his head turning back around starting his bike. This time King was out in front with Olin and Nadetta behind us and then Andrew and Gray following last.