1. And You Are?

free·dom
/ˈfrēdəm/

noun

"we do have some freedom of choice"

absence of subjection to foreign domination or despotic government.

〘␛〙

Black was all that I could see in front of me. The dark abyss of the unknown taunting me, it's presence everlasting. I yelled, but nothing could be heard.

In a flash of colour, pixels came into my vision, an exact replica of minecraft blocks was as far as my eyes could see. I gasped and looked around before I raised my hand in front of my face and my jaw dropped.

I was dressed exactly as my minecraft skin; a red and yellow striped t-shirt with a faded blue overalls dress, red Converse kept my feet comfortable and protected.

"Hello?" I called out but didn't receive a response. I frowned and started to head towards a tree, collecting and crafting the basic tools that I would need to advance further in the game. After some time, I came across my first question, why am I inside the game physically?

Once I got all wooden tools and a general direction in which I wanted to travel, I ventured out to find a cave. As I wandered around, I realized that it was getting darker and darker.

"Well shit..." I mumbled, searching for a cave frantically. At least it would let me have time to gather more ore and materials if I mined during the night.

As I explored the large biome, I slaughtered only cows, chickens and sheep, leaving the pigs alone as I always did. The baby pigs were the cutest animal in the entire game if you don't count all the newer updates, and it's always been a rule of mine to let adult and baby pigs alike live. When I first started playing the game when I was ten, I bought a baby pig plushie that sits on my desk to this day.

After collecting a reasonable amount of food, I found a shallow cave behind a waterfall and climbed in. I sighed as I tapped my right wrist, opening up my inventory and looking around for wool.

"Only two pieces? Good lord..." I mumbled. I tapped my right wrist again and got rid of the inventory, touching my left wrist to pull up my hotbar and consume a couple pieces of steak. I curled up and laid on the cold stone. I tried to fall asleep, but to no avail. Maybe there's other players and that's why I can't sleep...

I stood up and left the cave, absentmindedly walking around while just yelling. I stumbled across a desert biome and smiled a bit. Maybe there'll be a temple here! I laughed in excitement and started sprinting as fast as I could. I had seen a light up ahead and followed it.

Before my eyes stood a village and I squealed in excitement. I went over to the crops and saw there were only small sprouts, meaning the seeds were fresh.

I frowned and searched high and low, finding no hay. I groaned and yelled in frustration before I heard footsteps behind me, followed by a door opening. It was dark, so villagers were heading into their homes now.

"Don't move." I heard a voice say, a sword nudging firmly into my back.

"I'm not here to hurt you, I'm just as confused." I retaliated.

"Turn around- slowly," the voice managed after some time. I slowly faced the person and raised a brow.

"Who the fuck are you?" I folded my arms.