25. No Bow Battle

done
/dən/

verb

"her hunting days were done"

no longer happening or existing.

〘␛〙

We waited until sundown, the last challenge being mine and Illumina's. The rules of the battle were fairly simple.

No bows. Only diamond swords. Helmets, chestplates and boots as armour only. No shields. No cheating of any kind.

I couldn't fight in this heavy gown so I sighed, going through the king's closet for anything that might fit me. As I was searching, I found a small box in the corner of the closet. I picked it up and opened, seeing three items. A green hoodie, a white bandana and some shades.

"Here, have this," Sapnap took off his bandana and wrapped it like a headband. I smiled.

I dropped the box and held my head tightly, the memories of my first day in the castle flooding back into my mind.

"Oh, I wanna give you something too!" George said as he took off his clout googles and put them on my face. I giggled and moved them up so they could rest on top of the headband for now. I gave both boys a kiss on the cheek before they got disconnected.

George and Sapnap. These are their items. I remembered the stream donation asking where their signature items were. My eyes widened.

"Well, you already have a bandana and glasses, so I don't think a mask would do you any good," Dream chuckled. I joined in with a light laugh. He took off his mask and handed it to me so he could take off his hoodie without any issues.

Dream. I remember what he looks like!

"You can have this instead," he grinned and took the mask back, giving me his hoodie. He helped me slip it on, smiling after doing so.

"You look good in it. Green is your colour," he winked. I got lost in his eyes, engraving the image of his face into my brain. He stared at me and frowned a little. He leaned down to kiss my cheek, whispering to me after he pressed his lips to my soft skin.

I picked up the box and walked to my old room, the one I used before I moved over to share with Techno. I rummaged through my closet and found my overalls and sneakers, putting them on.

I slipped Dream's hoodie on over the overalls and tied my hair into a ponytail using Sapnap's bandana. I completed the look with George's glasses, seeing as the sun was still going to be out when we battled. I looked myself over in the mirror and smiled. Thanks to the past me, I kept all of my old clothes.

I left my old room and made my way to Wilbur's. I knocked on the door lightly and gave him a smile as I waited for him to reply to my presence.

"What are you wearing? Do you want Techno to kill you?" Wilbur whispered-yelled to me. I shook my head and rolled my eyes.

"I'll shout if I have to."

I said that before. When I asked Wilbur to sleep in my room that one night. I sighed and left the room, hearing footsteps run after me.

"Hey, Y/N?" Wilbur called after me, prompting me to turn around and look him in the eyes.

"Yes, Wil?" I raised a brow.