23. Boys are Back

es·cap·ee
/əˌskāˈpē,ˌesˌkāˈpē/

noun

"these days the infamous former prison that claimed the lives of many a would-be escapee is now a national park"

a person who has escaped from somewhere, especially prison.

〘␛〙

I heard many voices coming from a room in the castle but I didn't know which. They were heard from the vents, meaning they could be anywhere. They were familiar but I couldn't put a finger on it. I left the large room I resided in, making sure Techno was sleeping before closing the door over.

I went to Wilbur's room to make sure he was okay. When I saw that he was passed out on his bed, sprawled out and drooling, I smiled and left as quietly as possible.

I went through every single room. The bathroom, kitchen, bedrooms, armoury, weapons chamber, training room, dining room, chest chamber and vault. No one was found. I sighed and lost hope, deciding that it was nothing and I was just hearing things.

I started to head back to my room but heard the voices again, pulling my legs to a halt as I listened out again. I walked into the throne room and huffed. No one was here. Obviously.

"Why do we always end up in these cells?" I heard a muffled voice say.

My eyes widened in shock as I ran towards my throne and pushed it out of the way to reveal the doorway. I slipped through and pushed the throne back over the door, not wanting to disturb Techno.

As I made my way down the short hall, the voices seemed clearer. I recognized them, but couldn't quite put a finger on it. It hurt my brain to know I recognized the voices from somewhere within, but I couldn't place a face or time on them.

"Hello?" I called out quietly. The voices stopped for a moment. "Who's in here?" I asked.

"Y/N! Oh my god! It's you!" A boy with black hair called to me. I raised a brow in confusion as to how he knew my name.

"Find a way to get us out!" A British accent spoke up next.

"Please, hurry!" Another urged, his voice dating back to my high school days.

"We came back for you, like I said we would!" A masked boy said next.

"What's wrong?" The fifth asked, confused that I wasn't helping them.

"Who are you and how did you get inside my castle?" I whispered, not wanting to awake the two boys closest to me.

"What are you talking about? It's us! I'm Sapnap, I gave you my bandana!"

"And I'm George! I gave you my glasses."

"It's Dream, I gave you my hoodie."

"Illumina. Your best friend since ninth grade. You gave me your necklace."

"I'm Bad. I didn't give or receive anything," he glared at the other boys as he grumbled.

"I'm sorry. I don't know you. Yet, you do seem familiar. I'm not sure if the king would like you guys out of the cells, but I'll see if I can help anyway." I responded, pulling something from under the collar of my gown. It was a key on a gold chain.