4. Never Leaving My Sight

ma·ni·ac
/ˈmānēˌak/

noun

"a homicidal maniac"

a person exhibiting extreme symptoms of wild behavior, especially when violent and dangerous.

〘␛〙

My eyes fluttered open and I looked up, my surroundings unfamiliar. I caught a glimpse of two boys beside me and I sat up immediately, my sword drawn on both of them.

"WHO THE HELL ARE YOU!" I screamed as I glared at them, trying to conceal my fear.

"Hey, relax! We helped you last night when you almost drowned in a frozen lake!" The masked blonde spoke up. The other boy stayed quiet and backed up behind the blonde nervously .

"I'm so sorry! I just need to get back to my boys. They're probably worried sick!" I laughed awkwardly. They nodded in understanding and we ate before getting up and leaving their shelter in the direction I had left in last night.

"I'm BadBoyHalo, but I just go by Bad. And that's Dream," Bad said. I grinned a little.

"I'm-"

"JvstMare. I know. I'm a fan." Dream spoke up. My face heated up.

"The Dream is a fan of me?" I asked, astonished.

"So you do know who I am! You acted like you didn't back in the mountainside." He smirked.

"I was just trying to be intimidating and show you I wasn't scared to fight if I had to, even if I am wearing a dress," I smirked and shrugged.

"I was kinda nervous, I'll give you that," he snickered and nudged me a little. I nudged him back and we got into a little bit of pushing war.

"I've been meaning to ask you actually, since we've finally met and all. Why did you choose Jvst instead of Just in your username?" He asked.

"Well JustMare was already taken, and I was like 'well a v sort of looks like a u' and from there on out, I've been JvstMare!" I laughed.

"That's so cool and smart!" Bad complimented me. I grinned and wrapped an arm around his shoulders as if he were an old friend. He was just so sweet!

We finally reached the last place I had seen the boys, our horse was on a lead attached to a singular fence. The three were arguing over who's job it was to keep track of me.

"Well I was taming the horse so I couldn't go after her!" Sapnap yelled.

"Yeah! And I was helping! Just admit it was your fault, Illumina!" George raised his voice.

"Or maybe it was the job of myself with a little help from these guys," I suggested and the three turned towards me with looks of shock. They then looked at Bad and Dream, their expressions turning into pure delight.

George made his way right over to Dream so he could hug him while Sapnap and Illumina fought over who got to wrap me into their arms first. As the two bickered, I pet the horse that was finally tamed. Once everyone got settled and said their hellos, Dream put a saddle on the dark horse and grinned.

"You should name her, since you found her." George suggested.

"She was gonna name the damn thing anyway!" Illumina yelled at him and they broke off into their own heated discussion. I ignored them and smiled at the darling animal.

"Night," I said to Dream, "basic, I know, but I'm Mare and she's Night. Together, we're NightMare." I grinned.

"Since I'm Dream, does that make us like a power trio or something?" He laughed and I joined in, followed by nodding.

"An anti-trio you could say, since you're our direct opposite." I grinned and looked up at him.

"I'm riding her first!" Sapnap yelled and shoved everyone out of the way to get on the horse. We all groaned and I took the lead off of Night so Sapnap could wander freely with my little dark angel.

George and Bad were wrapped up in a conversation while I walked between Dream and Illumina. It was a little nerve racking because of the competitive nature of the two. Sure, I loved competition just as much as everyone else here, but these two were on a different level.

"So, how long have you known Mare?" Dream asked Illumina, the masked boy genuinely wanting to know.

"Since the beginning of high school. We've helped each other out a lot since then. I'm guessing you just met her?"

"Yeah, but I've been a fan since the early days. I didn't even know she was Canadian! It's crazy to be meeting her in such circumstances, ya know?" Dream grinned.

"Don't get too used to it. After we get out of here, we'll all go our separate ways." Illumina said with a small glare.

"I'll still talk to you, Dream. We can even collab if you'd like!" I smiled sweetly and he bit his lip with a grin. I decided to go join Sapnap and leave the two strategic boys to battle alone.

"Hey Snapmap!" I said jokingly as I stayed beside him, my hand petting Night in gentle strokes.

"Hey mamas," he said with a wink and my face heated up.

"What?" I choked out. He burst out laughing so hard he started to slide down Night, but caught himself before tumbling to the ground.

"I'm kidding! I'm kidding- that's what you get for calling me Snapmap!" He breathed in and out, trying to regain his normal breathing pattern. I shook my head and kept walking, my pace keeping up with my furry friend.

"You're such a dork, ya know that?" I said as I glanced over at him, fiddling with my sword absentmindedly.

"Yeah but you like it!" He replied in a goofy voice as some cute voice cracks occurred. I shook my head and chuckled, he was always good for a laugh.

"Hey, look! A lava pool!" George yelled out and we all ran towards it.

"I have a bucket of water!" Both Dream and Illumina said in unison. They then proceeded to narrow their eyes, running over and trying to be the first to build a portal.

"Guys! We don't need two-" Bad tried to argue, but it fell on deaf ears.

"Bad's right! Two would be pointless, guys, think about it." Sapnap chimed in. Before we could do anything about it, two portals were built and two tired looking boys huffed and puffed while slouching over.

"I hope you're both proud of yourselves. That was a waste of time, energy and water." George crossed his arms over his chest and spoke firmly.

"We have some left still... About half a bucket if we put these together." Dream said with a sheepish smile.

"Guys. I'm going to let this slide once. Don't let it happen again. We need to take this seriously and get the hell out of here as soon as possible, alright?" I gave a sharp nod before sighing.

We started gathering all our supplies and sorting our inventories and hotbars, only to be interrupted by our vision turning fully white. In front of my eyes was a simple statement.

'𝙔𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙖𝙙𝙫𝙖𝙣𝙘𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙤𝙤 𝙦𝙪𝙞𝙘𝙠𝙡𝙮. 𝙒𝙝𝙮 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙬𝙚 𝙨𝙡𝙤𝙬 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙨 𝙙𝙤𝙬𝙣 𝙖 𝙗𝙞𝙩?'

〘␛〙