13. Dream Date

tryst
/trist/

noun

"a moonlight tryst"

a private romantic rendezvous between lovers.

〘␛〙

"Where are we going?" I raised a brow and looked up at the tall blond.

"We're going on a date!" He called out in a singsong tone. My cheeks were set ablaze as I lost my train of thought.

"Not an actual date, you idiot. You can speak now," he snickered. I nodded but didn't say anything, too flustered for words to form.

"We can do whatever you'd like, seeing as Sapnap made you ride pigs," Dream chuckled.

"Do you happen to have a bow on you?"

"Yes, I might. Why?" The green eyed boy raised a brow and glanced over at me in curiosity.

"Because we could get some shooting practice in while also making it a competition," I giggled as I pulled out my own and looked up at the sun.

"I like how you think, Y/N," he took out his own and sorted his arrows. I snickered and started scouting the area for a cave we could find mobs in. Once I came across a large hole that dug itself into an underground ravine, we ventured down into it.

I took out my bow at the sight of mobs and started smiling. Dream had an arrow already drawn and aimed at a creeper. I watched in silence as he let go, the slice of air made a piercing noise when the arrow left the bow. The creeper's head was struck and it fell to the ground.

"Dream - 1, Mare - 0," he snickered before running off to kill another hostile mob. I grinned, realizing he made it a competition before we even announced any rules. My natural competitive nature started to surface as I followed his tracks so I could steal kills.

Through the cave, I kept a high ground, taking any kill Dream was about to have. He seemed frustrated that he couldn't get away from me, but it was going to be next to impossible. I was small and light, working through stone and lavafalls easily.

Dream, who was much taller and built more masculine, had a harder time moving as quickly and accurately. I was currently winning with 9 kills, Dream lagging behind with 4.

"I thought the all mighty DreamWasTaken would be kicking my ass right now!" I joked as I took a zombie out right in front of him.

"I would if this annoying nobody- what's her name?"

"JvstMare," I rolled my eyes at his playful unknowingness.

"Right! If this annoying nobody JvstMare would let me have my kills in peace!" He finished off while getting a skeleton down. I glared a bit, upset that I became distracted.

"This nobody sure is doing a good job at beating the almighty Minecraft legend!" I snickered and shot at a zombie I spotted.

After a long time of fighting mobs, I was the victor. We made our way out of the cave and grinned, walking back slowly and just talking about whatever crossed our minds. When we reached the campsite, I realized it was dark out.

"We'll all take one big vacation before going back to work. I know it's been stressful lately and I'd love to take an individual trip with Bad, but we can't keep getting off track." I reasoned with them. They all spoke for a second before deciding that it was a good idea.