18. Switch-Up Stronghold

re·as·sur·ance
/ˌrēəˈSHo͝orəns/

noun

"children need reassurance and praise"

the action of removing someone's doubts or fears.

〘␛〙

My eyes snapped open and I had seen all of the boys looking as if they hadn't slept for days, their bodies sitting against the stone walls. When I spoke, they all looked over in a panic.

"What happened to you guys?" I mumbled, rubbing my eyes.

"US? WHAT HAPPENED TO US?" Dream shouted, disbelief laced into his voice. I raised a brow.

"You guys look like you died or something," I laughed a little, standing up to stretch. My eyes examined the cave we were in. "Uh.. are we at the stronghold?"

"WE WENT MINING BECAUSE GEORGE REALIZED THAT OUR ARMOUR WAS BREAKING AND WE SPLIT INTO GROUPS OF THREE SO YOU MADE US FIND 80 DIAMONDS TO REPLACE ONLY OUR ARMOUR. WHEN WE CAME BACK HERE TO WAIT FOR THE OTHER GROUP, YOU WERE IN AND OUT OF IT, SCREAMING AND SWEATING AND- HOW DON'T YOU REMEMBER?" Bad yelled at me. I shrugged and rubbed my eyes gently.

"I don't remember anything. The last thing I can recall is us walking towards the stronghold with the Ender Eyes." I frowned.

"So you seriously don't know? Are you hiding another vision?" Sapnap asked softly, prompting me to shake my head.

"Guys I'm telling you, I don't know anything." I sighed, looking away in stress from all their questions. Illumina walked over and wrapped an arm around me.

"Lets just get out of here and find that stronghold, alright?" He gave me a warm smile as he rubbed my arm comfortingly. I nodded and grinned. We mined our way out, seeing sunlight. It burned my eyes and I turned away quickly.

The boys brought the mounts and I got onto Solace with Illumina. I didn't pay attention to who got Night. As we ventured, Dream threw the pearls.

"You seem sad," Illumina mumbled to me while holding the reigns of Solace. I shook my head absentmindedly, hoping he wouldn't press into it more. "I know what'll cheer you up! On three, okay?" He told me, assuming I knew what he was talking about.

"1," he started the count.

"2," I continued with a giddy smile.

"3," he said with enthusiasm.

"Canadian Kids, unite!" We cheered at the same time, our hands reaching up into the air, our laughter rang out as the four others turned to look at us. I fell into a fit of giggles, leaning against Illumina's back for support.

"You good?" George raised a brow. I shook my head and continued my laughter, tears leaving my eyes. It was one of those days where the smallest of things seemed funny.

"I think you should stop taking maple syrup," Sapnap spoke as if the sweet treat was a drug. Me and Illumina looked at each other, another fit of laughter emitting from us.

"Canadians," Bad shook his head playfully with a smile. Once my best friend and I had calmed down, or abs had ached.

"Don't you guys have bagged milk?" Dream piped up, turning to look back at us.