Chapter 17: Sports Festival pt. 1

I hurry to the waiting room for my class, I had filled out the necessary paper work in able to bring the amulet with me, Astralla had told me to put a special stone in the center, so I had my mother's ashes turned into a stone for my amulet.  I don't notice that my eyes are red and puffy until someone points it out, "Oi! Suteki! The fuck are you crying about?" My eyes widen, "D-did you just call me Suteki?" He growls, "Yeah. The old hag said I had to be nicer to you and shit." A small smile works its way onto my lips, "Oh- um... I'm not crying, I just... It's nothing, I'm fine, so don't worry!" I look up at the ash blond, "I never thanked you for those flowers you got me did I?" His face turns pink, "Tch. I only got you flowers because your dumbass decided to break your ankle and still try to fucking fight me." I look away, "Ah.. well, I am just a bug for you to crush am I not?" He growls, "Even I know not to fight someone with a broken ankle- but you didn't tell me." I rub the back of my neck sheepishly, "Oh um- well you made time to train with me and I didn't want to end up wasting it.." he grunts, I see Izuku and walk over to him,

"Izuku, looking at things objectively I'm stronger than you correct?" He looks up at me, "W-well yeah- you are stronger than me... What about it..?" I clench my fists, "I refuse to lose to you. I don't care how much I care about you.. at this moment you are nothing more than an opponent that is meant to be destroyed." I see everyone stare at me shocked, "Right now... I couldn't care less that you're my hero and my idol. I don't give a fuck that you saved me, or the fact that you are the only person who knows everything about me besides Hito. I don't fucking care how much I want to hold your hand and walk with you to your victory. I will beat you." I look over to Bakugou, "That goes for you too Bakugou. I told you I'm determined to be number one so I can save people. I won't let you crush me, I'll come out on top, I refuse to lose. My whole life I've spent following you guys around like a lost puppy. But I'm not your fangirl anymore, I'm still your biggest fan, but I'm also determined to beat you." I start to turn away but Izuku grabs my hand, "Hoshi! Wait... I know you're stronger than me... But we're in this together... I don't care if you're challenging me.. I'll support you no matter what! I promised to never leave you didn't I?" My face turns cold and I pull my hand away from his gently, "Promises... Are meant to be broken... I found that out the hard way."

I walk over to Momo, "Momo...?" She looks at me shocked, "I never expected you to be the type to declare war on someone else-" I smile, "part of that was to push those two to do their best... If they have someone specific who they think is the enemy... They'll do better than if it was against everyone. The majority of it is to prove myself though." I wrap my arms around her and burry my face in her chest as I feel the tears prick at the corners of my eyes, "I don't know if I can even win this." She returns the hug, "You'll do amazing dear! You're very analytical and strategic, you have great reflexes, and do well in tight situations, you can come up with a plan while under pressure. I've seen that twice now. " I can hear Mineta whining in the background, "NO FAIR!! WHY DOES HOSHI GET TO TOUCH YAOYOROZU'S BOOBS?!"

I pull away from the hug blushing, "Sorry..-" she smiles with pink tinted cheeks, "It's alright, we're both girls right?" I smile, "Yeah! Let's do our best okay?" She nods, "Good luck Hoshi!"

~.*.~

"It's time for the students to enter the first year stage! The huge battle where fledging heroes sharpen their swords once a year! These are the guys, right? The miraculous new stars who overcame enemy attacks with hearts of steel, and a girl with a heart made of gold! Hero course class 1-A, right?"

I walk out first keeping my eyes trained forward, my usual warm smile is exchanged for dull eyes and pursed lips, "Man... He's going overboard with the praise isn't he? I'm getting nervous.. aren't you Bakugou? Hoshi?" The ash blond glances over to my emotionless face, "No, I'm just getting more into it. Oi! Suteki, what's wrong?" I don't even glance over to them, my voice sounds inhuman, almost robotic, my movements are mechanical and my eyes a cold and distance, like those of someone who has never known love, or any emotion for that matter. "Mom and Dad are watching... I can't let them down." Silence follows, until it is broken by Present Mic.

"They haven't been getting as much airtime, but this class is also full of talent! Hero course, class 1-B! Next up general studies, Classes C, D, and E! Support course, Classes F, G, and H are here, too! And business course, Classes I, J, and K! All of U.A.'s first years are here now!"

Midnight skips onto the stage wearing her hero suit, which reminds me of what a dominatrix would wear, oh wait-- "Time for the player pledge!" Midnight cracks her whip, "What is Ms. Midnight wearing?" Kirishima asks looking away, "Her hero costume. Ya know, she'd make a great dominatrix, she's hot enough, plus she has a whip.. she's already halfway there." Both Kaminari and Kirishima look at me shocked, "She's an R-Rated her what did you expect?" I glance over to them, "But is it really okay for her to be at a highschool even though she's R-Rated?" My face remains unchanging, "Probably not, but I don't mind, hell she could turn a straight girl gay." Suddenly a dark blush spreads across my face, "Shit... I've said too much-" I cover my face embarrassed, "Wait-- Hoshi, do you have a crush on Midnight?!" I look back up uncovering my face, "N-no! Of c-course not! W-what kind of q-question is that?!" Midnight cracks her whip again, "Quiet everyone! Representing the students, Hoshi Shinso from class 1-A!" I hear the students mutter half of them about how I had scored perfect marks on the written exam and broke the record for the practical exam, the other half murmur about how I'm a villain loving freak.

I walk up to the stage and stand at the mic, I take a deep breath, "U-umm... Geez I don't really know what I'm supposed to say so I guess I'll just speak from the heart yeah? So... I know that class 1-A is getting a lot of attention... But I don't think that surviving a villain attack makes us any better than everyone else here... I think that every single one of you has what it takes to be number one! Each and everyone of you are incredible, and deserve the same attention we are getting, this is your chance to prove those who look down on you wrong, or to be switched into the hero course, this is your chance you show how amazing you are! So, I want each and everyone one of you to do your best, no holding back now okay? I want everyone to go out there and use all their strength to bring home the gold, so everybody get read to go beyond PLUS ULTRA!!" I give them a large closed eye smile, silence follows my speech, I walk down to Hito who is waiting for me, "Eh? You're the only one I'm not going to compete against, better together right Nii-san?" He smiles "Always Hoshi." We hold hands and get ready, "Now let's get started right a way. The first game is what you'd call, a qualifier! Every year many drink their tears here! Now here is the fateful first game!" A giant screen appears behind Midnight and the wheel starts to spin, the words 'obstacle course race' flash across the screen. "Obstacle race huh? Should be easy enough."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! So I'm finally actually getting into the arc, I suck at writing action scenes though so ;-; anyways that's all for this chapter, now I don't plan my stories out, if I did I would probably lose interest so if this is all over the place that's why, plus I have trouble with making things progress like they should but I'm trying to stick to this, also I feel like after losing so much in such a short amount of time Hoshi could really use a confidence boost, so first place? Or at least third? I don't know yet, since her quirk works differently from Uraraka's she doesn't have to worry about touching Bakugou, but I can't defeat Bakugou first round so he's probably gonna go against Ren (I haven't really given him much time in the spotlight, so maybe next chapter?) Anyways baiii~!