Chapter 25: Code Names

I walk up to the front desk, "Good afternoon, are you here to visit someone?" I nod, "Yes, Misaki Yamamoto." He looks up the name on his computer, "Ah, yes, She is in room 209. Have a good day." I thank the man and walk up the stairs, as I look at the name plates, I never noticed that the person right next to my grandma, was named "Rei Todoroki..." I read out loud, "I shouldn't be nosy-" I turn to walk back to my grandma's room but bump into someone, "Ack! Sorry-" I look up to see a pair of heterochromatic eyes, "Todoroki? Sorry! I never really pay attention to the name plates, but I caught glimpse of your last name and got curious.." he places a hand on top of my head, "It's alright, I assume you are here to visit someone?" I nod, "Ah, yes, my grandma... I would ask you to join, but I assume you are here for you mom, right?" He nods, "Yes, but I was actually about to leave, I can come with you if you'd like." A small smile works it's way onto my lips, "I'd like that... Normally Hito comes with me.. but he's hanging out with Kaminari."

I slowly open the door, "Sobo..?" I look into the room to see her sitting by the window, her silver hair tied into a bun. "Who are you?" I gingerly walk in, "I-It's me... Shishi... Your granddaughter.." My eyes cast downwards knowing she won't remember me, "I think you're mistaken... My grandchildren are only six. I really wish they would visit.. But my house is so far away." I slowly approach her, "I-I brought you something... T-the nurse said if I bring something with a lot of memories tied to it... It might help with your dementia.." I lay a homemade doll in her lap, she turns to me, "Eh? What nurse? I'm in my house in Tsukaima." I sigh taking the bento I had made out of my bag, "Ah, right! Have you eaten yet?" She shakes her head. "Why?" I smile, "I-I made you a bento..." She looks over to Todoroki, "You're Rei's boy." A look of confusion crosses both our faces, "You know my mother?" She nods, "Of course I do. She visits me everyday. I don't recognize you though. You look like my Mizumi, but much shorter. " Todoroki walks over to me when my grandma tries to stand but collapses. "Todoroki- g-get a nurse!" He hurries out of the room and I help my grandma into her bed.

Todoroki comes back with a nurse, "Move out of the way dear." I quickly move back and hug Todoroki, "Hoshi- is she okay?" I shake my head, "I wish they would move her into the medical ward... Todoroki... I know she is going to die soon... I don't feel sad... Should I be sad?" He wraps his arms around me, "I really don't know."

~.*.~

*Ring ring ring* I awake to the sound of my phone ringing, "Hello?" "Is this Hoshi Shinso?" "Yes this is she.. why?" "Your grandmother, Mizumi Yamamoto, she passed away about an hour ago." I drop the phone. "Hello? Ma'am?" I run out in the pounding rain to the only place I can think of, a small rundown bar in the Kamino Ward. I burst through the door, "T-TOMURA!!" The villains get up and are about to attack me, "Stand down. Kurogiri, get her some cocoa." I run over to him and wrap my arms around his neck, "S-she's gone... S-sobo's gone... I-I don't want to lose anyone else... I-I've done everything right! I s-study hard... Practically kill myself training... I help people... And the people I care... About... All... Get hurt.. or.. die... Where the hell is m-my karma?!" He hugs me being careful not to place all five fingers on me. "What if you write a song to let out all your negative emotions?" I nod, "That might help."

Kurogiri and Tomura, comforted me, they told me jokes and made me laugh. It proves that villains have hearts too, "I still need time to think whether or not I join... But Mura?" He hums, "What would you do... If I fell in love with someone else?" He thinks for a second, "I'd support you. It would hurt, sure, but as long as you're happy, then that's enough." I smile, "That's really sweet.. oh! I need to get home before Hito wakes up, bye!"

~.*.~

I walk into the class room with Hitoshi and imediantly walk over to Izuku, my eyes are red and puffy and tears stain my cheeks, "Izu... D-did you bring it..?" He gives me a small smile, "Of course! Here." He hands me his hoodie, I slip it on as the scent of vanilla surrounds me. I smile a bit, "I think I finally realized why your hoodies are always so comforting." He tilts his head to the side, "Why?" I smile, "Because they always smell like you! And you always smell like vanilla!" His face flushes red, "A-Ah! I d-do?!" I nod, "Mhm! Wait... I don't want anyone to be able to tell I've been crying." I put my mask on, "There." He places a hand on my head, "Why were you crying anyways?" My eyes widen, "Hito didn't tell you? Sobo died.. the hospital called in the middle of the night, but I'm fine."