Skylox #3

(A/N: play ETERNAL SUNSHINE by JHENE AIKO while reading)

Is it strange for me to say

Standing in front of his hospital window, Ty's hand dragged down the thin glass as he watched the outside world. 

That is I were to die today

Sunshine shining through the streets, cars driving with families, people walking, talking, and laughing.

Theres not a thing that I would change, I've lived well

As a single tear rolled down the boy's pale cheek, he fluttered his eyes shut and looked back on his short lifetime.

Maybe I have made mistakes and been through my fair share of pain

A kid running down a hill to get to school on time, falling off his first bike, crying when his parents passed away, arriving high school depressed but by the end of year having found himself and his bestest friends,

"Ty Ellis, you have Lung Cancer."

Ty bowed his head and set his forehead against the glass, ready to breakdown, but calmed himself down with deep breathes. He looked back at the nightstand next to his hospital bed which he had been in for the past month, on it sat beautiful real white roses. 

From Sky. A card taped onto the boquet read, Ty smiled but only for a moment, his eyes dragging down to the floor and back around. Looking down, he examined all the cords and wires on him that he had yanked out from the machine only moments before.

But all in all, it's been okay, I've lived well

Nails dragging down the glass, Ty only felt caged and sad in this room. He thought back to the days where he would go out with Sky and his friends almost every night, where they'd sometimes get drunk and laugh until their stomaches hurt.

And the more that I see, the more that I know

At a party Mitch threw, they played 7 minutes in heaven and that was the day Ty was the happiest in life, when Sky returned his feelings of love and they made out 6 minutes straight until Jerome yanked them out, but no one judged them.

I dont know anything, at all

Ty remembered a year ago, when Bodil got ran over and passed away, Double had mourned for months and months after, attempting suicide with pills and overdosing until it worked...

Like the more that I breathe, and start to go slow

No one was quite as joyful for a while after they had passed, but a year later it got a little better and everyone realized everyone's a little broken. 

That day when they went to the doctors for a check up, Sky stayed outside while Ty went in. When they told him, he wanted to breakdown and wished Sky had come in with him. But he also did not, he didn't want to cause his lover pain after pain, when they went home, Sky held him tighter than ever before. 

Of all the many things, I can only recall

When Mitch and Jerome visited Ty, they had told him that Sky was drinking and Ty's heart shattered more. Sky started visiting him every night until the doctors had to pull him out, but he'd come back the next day and cry in Ty's arms.

All of the good things, good things

Their first date in Autumn, Sky had planned to take Ty out to a resturant and beamed with anxiousness and nervousness, he even held the door open for Ty. Although Sky was a mess, Ty loved it, and he loved that that was their first date and it was a memory he wanted to cherish forever.