Chap 4- Talaq

----

"Mujhy ap se sirf ek cheez chahiye..aur woh hy talaq!"

(I only want one thing from you ..that is divorce)

Talaq Talaq Talaq
(Divorce Divorce Divorce)
The small word which had the power to nullify a big holy matrimony. The word she said to her husband, more asked her husband for.

Zaakir gulped and shut his eyes to maintain his cool. Exhaling he again opened his eyes "May apki shikayat samjh tha hoon...aur me apke samne sahrminda bhi hoon..lekin phirbi, may apki yh khwaish puri nahi karsakta".

(I understand your concern...and I stand guilty before you..but still, I can't grant this wish of yours)

He was a man of his words and not too long ago he had promised her mother he would be with her till his last breath. He was guilt bound hence made the promise. Promises have been taken seriously in the Khan bloodline, it was forbidden to turn back on your tongue.

Qirat just stared at him as thick tears began forming in her big doe eyes.
"You have already messed my life up enough in the past 48hours..how stupid do you think I am to want to spend the rest of my life with you?" she screamed.

Her light brown eyes held his dark black ones captive for a minute too long. "Me zubaan dechuka hoon, me apko nahi chorsakta" he said irritated but still maintaining his calm voice, not wanting to scare her.

(I'm tongue tied, I cannot leave you)

"Zubaan? apni zubaan ke liye aap meri zindagi qurban karhy hein?" she remarked instead of questioning. She looked at his face with her now tearstained distressed face and an idea came to her mind.

(Tongue tied? for your word you are going to sacrifice my life?)

"Aur me joh kisi ko zubaan dechuki hoon uska kya?"
(And what about me..who has also given someone my word?)

"Me samjha nahi"
(I didn;t get you)

"Aap shyad bhool rahy hein, is sab se pehle mera rishta kis aur k saath paka hua wah tha Bhoolgaye kya aap?"
(Maybe you are forgetting, but before all this I was set to marry someone else..did you forget?)

"Nahi"
(No)

"Me Usman se wadah karchuki hoon, ke me unsey shaadi karungi.me unseh mohabbat karti hoon.." She lied.
(I have promissed Usman, that I will marry him..I love him..)

"KHAMOSH! us shaks ka naam nahi suna chahta me aynda sy"
(QUIET! I do not want to hear that persons name again)

That's it his bubble of patience which has been on a verge for sometime now had burst. It's never been pleasing for a man to hear about another man from his wife but what infuriated him was that she would rather be with such a lowly man. That was her choice, what kind of woman is she? was all he could think.

She got scared of his sudden increase of volume. But what mostly spoke volumes was the dominant aura he gave of. She shuddered and wrapped her arms around herself as if hugging herself, for comfort.

"Idhar aye" he commanded, but she didn't move an inch. He approached her and held her arms moving her to sit on the humongous bed placed in the centre of the room.

(Come here)

Once she was seated he distanced himself a little. He knew she was scared but he didn't know how to make her understand.

How does one make another accept a sudden relationship? he thought. Maybe he's being irreasonable, it makes sense why she is behaving like this, he told himself.

"Raat bohat hogayi hy humey sojana chye" he said trying to end the useless argument they could have.

(Its getting very late we should sleep)

But Qirat was in no mood to let anything slide, she now worked out that Usaman is not just the name of a person she despised but also a trigger to this mans anger, she was going to put use to this new found knowledge. She was now already preparing to torture the man infront of her by any way she can, maybe seeing him in pain would be her Inteqaam for what he had done to her.

"Me Usmaan ke ilawa kisi bhi mard ke bistar pr sone ka sochbhi nahi sakti" she spat thinking it would annoy him enough to maybe throw her out of the heveli. But she was wrong, so wrong!

(I cannot even think of sleeping on another mans bed other than Usmans)

She did trigger anger in him, but the result was not what she expected. He pushed her down making her lay with her back on the bed and hovered over her in the process of pushing her down.

She gulped in fear when he held her trembling jaw between his hand. He stiffened his hold on her jaw a little and looked her dead in the eyes "Naam Nahi Lo Uska!" he stressed each word with warning.

(Do not take that name)

Her lips quivered as her breath got held in her throat due to the proximity of a man who is yet unknown to her. Still mustering together all the confidence she had, she rubbed salt on his wound. She licked her lip and inhaled a deep breath.

"Usmaan" she whispered aloud glaring back into his eyes.

That was it. He lost control. He shut her mouth with his palm against her lips that disobeyed him. It wasn't a rough, punishing slap he almost desired to give her. Something in him restrained him down after the sudden slam. However, it still felt like abuse to Qirat and felt rough against her soft mouth. The sudden action wasn't expected by her and she didn't know how to respond. Her hands responded by beating him around the shoulders as reflex, but this didn't stop him.

She moved her head side to side trying to free herself from him. But that only responded with his grip on her jaw tightening. She was breathless now and he left her lips to inhale as common sense made way back to him. She was trying to catch her breath and in between her uneven breath and cries she was chanting the word "stop".

Hearing her voice his gaze fixed to her moistened eyes "Uska naam mat lena" he whispered in his husky voice and got of her. He sat at the end of the bed with his back facing her now.

Whilst what just happened was hard for her to process so she couldn't move a muscle, she remained laying. As it slowly started processing to her, her cries grew louder, causing him to look at her.

A fresh pang of guilt ran through his nerves and he forwarded his hand to comfort her. He reached her shoulder, she sat jolted up at the his touch and flinched away from him. "Mujh se door rahein!" she cried as she got of the bed, creating all distance she could from him.

(Stay away from me!)

"Go to sleep" he said in a way too calm voice, whilst he exited the room.