Chap 11- Ilaaj (علج)

Qirat's pov

After lecture me, Osama and 3 of his friends; Sarah & Saba who are an interesting pair of twins and Kiran, a shy type girl, we all head to the canteen. I told them that I will also need to meet my cousin in the canteen.

As for Usman, I avoided drawing any attention from him and tried to keep clear of him. Which was quite easy, since he kept the back rows entertained, creating a bunch of people surrounding him, making it difficult for him to look elsewhere.

We arrived at the canteen. I skimmed over the canteen and there was still no sign of Falak anywhere.

The group decided to head to the counter and purchase beverages and snacks. "Roza hai tum dono ka? Tum bhi kuch lelo?" Osama said looking at me and Kiran. "Aap log lein me apni cousin ke saath lelungi" I respond.

(Are you two fasting? Take something)

(You guys take something, I'm going to eat something with my cousin)

"Aur thumarah kya maamla hai?" Osama turned towards Kiran.
"Me kahna saath layi hu" Kiran responded nervously.
"Guys come quick! Itni mushkil se acha table mila hai" Sarah yelled from a distant table.
"Arahey hein churail sabar" Saba replied.

(And what's your problem?)

(I've brought lunch from home)

(Guys come quick! I've found a great table with such effort)

(We're coming witch have patience)

We all sat at the table and they began eating we were all just chit chatting about random things. Until someone tapped my shoulder I turned to finally see Falak. But she had tears in her eyes and looked scared. "Bha..Q..Qirat me ghar jarahi hu..ok umm yeah" she stuttered.
"Falak bethein...kya hua relax" I said trying to calm her down.

(Sis.. Q..Qirat I'm going home..ok umm yeah)

(Falak sit down..what happened relax)

The group had also looked concerned looking at Falak. "Guys this is my cousin Falak..Falak these are some of my class fellows" I introduce them whilst seating Falak besides me. They all exchange 'hi's'.

"Guys if you would just excuse me a minute" I say whilst taking Falak to the corner, to hear her out, she clearly looked disturbed.

"Hey Falak, kya hua hai?"

(Hey flak, what happened?)

"Woh woh mujhe tang karaha hai phirse is bar me bhaijaan se jakey iska pura ilaaj karati hu"

(he , he is annoying me again. This time I m going to make brother give him a proper treatment)

"Kon? Kon tang karaha hai?"

(Who? who is annoying you?)

"Usman"

"Apne bhai ko bulane ki koi zaroorat nahi..bohat acha ilaaj kiya tha unhone" I roll my eyes and say remembering that badbakth (unlucky) day.

(There is no need to call your brother..As if his last 'treatment' was real good)

"Lekin phir me karu bhi tho kya" she weeped.

(What else am I to do?)

"Me chalti hoon na saath..dekhte hein" I say dragging her to the canteen to find his whereabouts. But to my luck he was right there in the canteen. And doing what he's best at bullying! Worse he was bullying Kiran.