Chap 10 - Daakhla (داخلہ)

A/N; short update
I know this is a disappointing updated given its sooooo late and so short..but I'm sorry guys Karachi has really turned into Venice and that ain't a compliment trust. All this flooding has been a pain in my WiFi. I'm still trying to fix it, I wrote this on my phone and well joh bhi hai jesa bhi hai here goes!

3pov
A week had passed since the Walimah. Qirat and Zaakir were still in a 'no speaking' situation. Though this time the silence wasn't necessarily uncomfortable.
Falak and Qirat has further bonded, one may say they're besties at this point.
It was a normal day till a piece of mail arrived to the Haveli, it wasn't just any mail, it was a letter confirming Qirat's admission that to with approved scholarship. The haveli was chaos with both the girls squealing jumping around the house. Qirat had just broke the news to Falak, who didn't believe it and wanted to see the letter herself for confirmation. But, Qirat decided to not let her see it so easily and ran, with Falak chasing behind her.

Qirat turned around mid run to see Falaks condition, and kept running backwards at the same time. Until her run was stopped by a sudden collision. "Owww". She turned her head to see the random wall that had self built in the middle of the corridor. Only to find it to be non-other then her husband. She froze at the realisation and didn't realise when Falak had successfully snatched the letter out of her hand. She only realised it when Falak began running away with it saying " thanks bhaijaan!".

Qirat mumbled a "sorry" and began fixing her position, off from his chest; which she had fallen on. She began going away when he stopped her. "Kya horaha hai yahan?" he asked.
Qirat decided to break the news to him too instead of justifying why her and Falak were running around like Tom and Jerry. "Woh Falak ki university me mera bhi dakhla hogaya".

(What's going on here?)

(Oh, I uh got admission in Falaks university too)

"Ohh, Mubarak ho"

(Oh, congractulations)

"Shukriya"

(Thanks)

She walked away after this mini conversation. She felt too happy to be bitter about anything right now. So wasting no more time she speed walked towards Falak to continue celebrating her admission.

On the other hand, Zaakir was fully aware of the admission to begin with as he had received a call from the university earlier. Also, earlier in the week Qirat has thrown a tantrum about how she doesn't want him to pay for her fees...her self respect didn't allow her to let him do that. She knew university fees cost allot, and the university Falak went to was one of the top universities of the country and had an equally drastic fees to it. So Zaakir has spoke to the board from university to offer her a scholarship, which he would fund for.
He was pleased to see her happiness with the admission, he'd known he did well. When he saw her grades he knew she couldn't qualify for a normal scholarship, it's not that she failed and had very poor marks, it's that she just didn't have good enough marks to qualify for a scholarship at a leading institute.

——

It was the first day back at university, Falak had started her 2nd year now, she was dressed in a casual but chic blue shalwar kameez, which anyone could tell was of a high end brand. She was nervous due to the still ongoing gossips about her and Usman. On the other hand Qirat was very excited, she loved that she had a personal tour guide AKA Falak with her, giving her the extra knowledge no fresher usually knows. Qirat wore a light peach shalwar kameez which had simple white embroidery on it, it suited the sunny day. Falak introduced Qirat to a couple of her friends, they had decided to say they're cousins since Qirat didn't want the attention of being a young married woman, that too married to such an elder guy, she knew this kind of things was prime gossip.
Falak walked Qirat to her lecture hall, wished her good luck and the both had decided to meet after lecture in the canteen.

Qirat walked into the large lecture room. She saw rows and rows of seats positioned in a slopes way so that the back row could see the stage over the row in-front. Qirat's mother always advices the first row to be a good seat since you can be more attentive to the lecturer. But right now the front row was fully occupied so Qirat did what was next best and sat on the second row, where luckily there was only one vacant seat. Sbe took over the seat and a boy roughly her age sat to her left. He had big glasses, not the geeky ones, the retro trendy ones. He wore a black and grey flannel and had a boyish charm to him. He turned towards her when he hear her sit down. "Hi I'm Osama and you are?" he said whilst flashing his dimple with a smile. Qirat smiled back "I'm Qirat".
"You're new I see?" He stated kum questioned.
"Haha yes Isn't everyone new?" Qirat asked back, expecting it to be everyone's first day considering this was the module introduction lecture for freshers.

"Aha..and nope not everyone's new..you see some students where given the option to do a primary research year before starting the degree ..so technically I started last year..but I was selected by the research program group to take part in the research..they took us out to Scotland to do it...if you're selected you should totally do it too..it was a great time, and looks good on your CV too" Osama explained.

"Well it sure does sound interesting" Qirat said.

"How about we grab a cup of coffee in the canteen after lecture?" Osama offered. When Qirat looked a bit hesitant in answering he understood that she might be misunderstanding him. "Just a friendly coffee".
"Sure".

The bustling noise amongst the students began to settle as a woman, presumably the lecturer walked in.

"Good morning everyone and welcome to pathology. I'm the module leader Dr. Rana. I see there are some new faces, welcome onboard. I also see some recognisable ones, those who are back from the research program I hope that went well. Without any further a do I'm going to begin this lecture. This week we're going to be covering normal histology. Can anyone tell me what organ this is?" She said whilst pointing at the an image of what looked like nothing but pink cheese on the screen.

Suddenly the door opened and a man walked in. The lecturer stopped her lecture to see the intruder. "Oh my first day back and you're late again..classic you isn't it?" The lecturer said. "Why am I not surprised to see you again in introduction to pathology?" She added sarcastically. "Well I knew you'd miss me" the guy said.

Qirat felt as if the voice was familiar..she looked up to see it was no other than the man who began the misery of her life. Usman!
She was shocked for a minute and didn't do anything but just stare at him like the rest of the students, as he slouched his way to the last row.
"Psst , that's someone you want to stay away from. Trust me the guy is chalta phirta trouble" Osama whispered to Qirat.

(Psst, that's someone you wan to stay away from, Trust me the guy is walking trouble)