Chap 16- Sunrahein hein? (سن رہے ہیں)

With a heavy heart full of happiness and joy equally, the residents of Khan Haveli retreated to their rooms.
Falak had been the life of the Haveli and now after her rukhsaati the haveli felt almost gloomy. Both Zaakir and Qirat exhausted from the hectic wedding were now in silence. Qirat sat at the dressing table and began removing her makeup and jewellery, she could see Zaakir lost in thought as he sat at the end of the bed.

She walked over to him once all her makeup was removed. All she had left was the heavy outfit she wore through the event, which was A pastel pink lengha with white thread work done on it giving it an elegance, with a matching top that if was even a mili meter shorter would've been acrop top. The lengha which once flowed around her earlier today, was now feeling of its proper weight and dragging her tired body along with it she walked over to him. "You okay?" she asked him, sitting beside him, whilst placing a hand over his, for the moral support. "Hmm yeah, Alhamdullilah sab sahi hogaya" he responded. "Yeah, mashallah it was all very good, and most importantly Falak was very happy, alhmadullilah".

"Are you happy?" he asked, looking her in the eye. his intense gaze disturbed her once steady gaze, making her look everywhere but him. She registered what he had asked, and she understood he was referring to their own marriage. She looked back at him, "I'm not sad" she said assuring him.

She began getting up and he held her wrist preventing her to step away any further from the bed. "I want you to be happy...I know I will be happy with you..will you ever accept me as a husband?" he said, still holding onto her wrist.

She turned around to face him, she knew that she didn't see him as she should, as a husband. But with the time she had spent here, she knew one thing, she respected and trusted this man allot. And she knew that when she was ready for a husband it would always be him. But this sudden moment, staring into his eyes , something changed in her mind. She knew somewhere inside she had long accepted him as her husband. She looked down at her wrist where his hand had ever so gently griped on "Y..you are my husband" she said, further dropping her gaze to her feet now.

He smiled in relief and placed a gentle kiss on the back of the hand he held. The sudden contact turned her as pink as her outfit. He pulled her by the arm making her sit back down. "You are a very good person, I don't know when and how but I really do like you, and I thank Allah he has given me you" he confessed. He wanted to confess allot more, he wanted to confess he loved her, but didn't want to come off too strong. A sudden shyness took over her, and she couldn't help but babble to be acting normal ..but that was the last thing she appeared. "uhh.. hahah" she let out a nervous chuckle.

"me uhh kya kahu mere samjh nahi araha? umm uh..hahaha ..umm aap..me ..uh.woh..".

(I uh.. Don't know what to say...? um hahah..uh you ..me..umm)

"Shhh..koyi jaldi nahi hai. Just come here for now" he said pulling her into an embrace. Her instant reaction was to stiffen in his hold, but slowly she eased and let her body comfortably fall over him. As she felt herself ease in his hold, she gained a sense of confidence and said what she was struggling to say a while ago.

(Shsh..there's no hurry, Just come here for now)

"Mujhey bhi aap achey lagtey hein..Aap ek ache insaan hein" she confessed, looking up to his face from his chest, but looking straight back down the moment he looked back at her. "A..aap mujhe dekha na karein. phir mujhse bola nahi jata.." she pouted.

(I too like you..you're a nice person)

(You..don't look at me. I can't speak when you look at me)

He chuckled and closed his eyes, "Acha aap bolein me sunraha hu".

(Ok you say, I'm listening)