Chap 15- Mubarak ho (مبارک ہو)

----

A couple of months had passed, the trio; Zaakir, Falak and Qirat were leading a comfortable life now. University seemed to be running smoothly. There were also subtle advances in Qirat and Zaakirs relationship. Not to the ideal husband-wife level, but to the point where they knew they are family; they knew they could rely on one another, though they still didn't talk much, but thats mostly because each were busy in their own lifes. Zaakir with work and Qirat with studies. The Khandaan had also kept meeting the trio at minimal..and now after months they were re-uniting, for Falak's wedding.

It was her Nikah and mehndi night today, it had been decided the rukhsati would be done two days later, followed up by the Walimah.

Falak was dressed in a heavy green Lengha with intricate golden designs, paired with a pink duppata placed on her head, creating a veil. She was adorned with ancient jewellery from head to toe, which was passed down from several of her ancestors. There she sat in her bedroom, with a few aunties surrounding her, praising her every now and then. She kept peeking through the veil to find her brother, she felt restless and needed his comforting.

Qirat who had been distributing drinks to the aunties came and sat beside the bride, to check up on her. "Sab theek hai?" she whispered to the bride, who looked extremely nervous. "haan woh bhaijaan kahan hein?" Falak whispered back. "Abhi atey honge..molvi sahab ke saat atey hein abhi" saying this Qirat left again, as she was summoned by an aunty again.

(everything alright?)

(yeah..where is brother?)

(He must be here any second with the molvi)

The Nikah was done and the Haveli boomed with joyful congratulations. During the Nikah Zaakir sat beside the Molvi on the sofa opposite to where Falak and Qirat were seated. As soon as it was done Falak hugged Qirat tightly. Qirat understood her nervousness, she was to start a new life now. It bought tears to both the girls eyes.

When all the aunties began leaving the room to enter the main hall where the mehndi was to take place Qirat went upto Zaakir "Sunein."

(Listen)

Zaakir looked towards her "hmm?", he had a constant 'busy' look on his face, he was masking his emotions, his baby sister was married now and he could't help but feel emotional.

"Mubarak ho apko"

(Congratulations to you)

"Khair mubarak"

(to you too)

"Falak ko mubarakbaad nahi denge aap?...woh puchrahin hein apka..jayeh"

(Aren't you going to congratulate Falak?..shes asking for you.. go)

He looked at his veiled sister and felt a tear drop from his eye as he sat down beside her. "Mubarak" that was all it took for Falak to drop her head into her brothers chest and cry. She couldn't believe she would actually have to leave her father like brother. Would anyone be able to love her and care for her like he did? She sniffled her thoughts away in his safe embrace. He pat her head "meri guriya itni bari hogayi mujhe pata hi nahi chala" he said humorously as his tears fell on his face. "Bhaijaan" she sniffled. They both hugged for a little while, whilst Qirat stood in front watching the brother-sister, and couldn't help but awe at their bond. "Awww" Qirat said out loud, whilst clapping her hands together, making the brother-sister look at her.

"Chalo, abh senti honey ka time nahi hai..apka makeup kharab hojayega..chalo aap neche jayeh" she said ordering the both to stop crying and sending Zaakir downstairs.

(Okay, now we dont have time to be sentimental..it will ruin your makeup. Common you go downstairs)

"Hmm..mashallah itni pyari lagrahi ho, lekin zara sa bho aur royi dhoyi tho puri bhoot lagogi aap...chalo abh set hai sab" Qirat said re-adjusting Falaks jewellery and touching up her makeup. "Me Asher bhai ko bulati hoon" saying this Qirat left.

(hmm.. Mashallah you look so good, but if you cry even a teenie bit more you'd look like a ghost.. common its all set now)

(I'll call in brother Asher)

--

The chaotic mehndi night had come to an end. There was allot of music, dancing, and overall mehndi crazzines. Qirat and Zaakir were back in their room now, both changed and ready for bed. Qirat was braiding her hair and warped her duppata over her shoulders like shawl. "Me aaj raat Falak ke pass jarahi hu theek hai" she informed Zaakir before heading towards the door.
"Rukho.." he said, causing her to turn around "jee?.." she asked suggesting him to further speak. "Aaj achi lagrahi thi aap" he said lowering his gaze, hiding a blush maybe "..bus jaye" he said completing his point as he sat at the edge of his bed.

(I'm going with Falak tonight ok?)

(wait..)

(yes?)

(You looked nice today)

(that's all, go)

Qirat was faltered by the compliment, but most importantly she was amused, he was so shy, she loved it! "Oh my god!..aap sharma rahe hein?" she said as she approached him, kneeling down to his height and stared into his face with a grin. He looked back at her with a stoic emotion. "Hayeeee so cute...koi baat nahi ismeh sharmaney ki koi baat nahi..akhir joh bhi hein jese bhi hein shohar hein mere" she said lightly laughing.

(Oh My GOD!..are you blushing?)

(Awwwww so cute..it doesn't matter, there's nothing to shy away from...after all your'e my husband no mater what you're like)

"Drust farmaya, shohar hoon apka" he said and placed a kiss on her forehead, he was the amused one now whilst she stilled. She gulped "Falak mera intezaar karahi hongi..umm..goodnight" she looked here and there and then rushed out. He smiled at her retreating body.

(Thats correct, I'm your husband)

(Falak must be waiting for me..Umm..Goodnight)

A/N; Yoo, I didn't know I could vote my own stories lol..
Well abh me tho karungi hi..please aap og bhi vote kardein lol