Chap 5- Pehli Shab

Qirat's POV

I've been sitting on this humongous bed of this freakishly humongous room for an hour now. I am pretty sure he isn't coming back, which I'm thankful for. I hate him. How dare he! first he kidnaps me, then marries me, refuses to divorce me and then kisses me. What does he think he is?

I don't care whatever he is trying to do right now, all I know is that I will get myself out of this toxically forced marriage. He was situationally forced too, why is he not letting go of all this then? Does he think he could use me, my body? is that what he wants? Maybe it's true what they say that all men are the same, he is no exception, he is no different to Usman. Maybe worse.

Ok Qirat calm down, don't blame all men for trash like Usman and him. There are some great men in this world too, but I guess kasoor mere naseeb ke hi hein.

(Its the fault in my stars)

What has my life become?

It's not like I've been living the most lavish of life, but Alhamdullilah it was the best for me; a loving family, amazing friends, a small apartment of only the two; me and ammi but it was full of love. And now all of them abandoned me and threw me here...All because of him.

Leaning my head against the velvet headboard I wept till I felt my head get lighter and sleep finally took over me. Baaqi shab neend ke saharey guzar hi jayegi.

(The rest of the night will pass with the help of sleep)

Zaakir's POV

I left her in the room, I understand she needs space and she clearly hates me. And why wouldn't she I hate myself for what I did to her.

I was sitting on the musalah after praying and all I could do was ask Allah to guide me. I know I did wrong but he is Al'ghafur he accepts repentance. I also have faith that if this has happened there is surely some reason allah has made this happen. Nikah is a sacred bond and honouring this bond is my responsibility..be whatever the reason this bond is formed it is now my responsibility to make this work.

She likes another man. And a man that bad. If the man she liked was someone decent maybe I would have gone back on my promise to her mother and got her settled with him. But Usman, no I cannot let her do this, I promised her mother to look after her, and her izat.

More importantly now she is also my izat. But is this how allah will punish me for doing her wrong? will she dishonour me because of that man? Is this my saza? Maybe it is what I deserve for what I have done to her.

But still, I will try and make this work. So far every decision involving that girl was done out of rash thinking..but not anymore. It's final, I will make this work and inshallah she'd want to too.

I should start by asking her for forgiveness, its hard to forgive what I've done but inshallah I will be able to prove myself to her, and she'd be able to let go of any grudges.

I lay down in the musalah in my study room. Tonight I think its best for her to have her space. Things moving too fast may be scary for her. Anney wali kahi raaton ki pehli shab hai, ahista ahista sab sambhaljayega.
(its the first night of many forth comming nights, soon it will all be fine)
Relaxing my eye lids, I let sleep take over.