Twenty-five

J POV

I had enough of listing to everyone's bullshit. Hiram is useless, Veronica is just a crying mess aka also useless and Kevin Kevin is Kevin. The only other one who was actually useful was my sister Jb. You see every night we would look for her ourselves but in the normal way. Looking through the town mile by mile. We have been doing that for over a month and still nothing. It is like she has fallen off the earth.

Today I was just walking through town trying to get my mind off because I was really losing hope. We got nothing just nothing. As I was walking into a dark alley I saw this girl running fast like really fast like she was running from something. She turned around like she was looking at something from behind then I saw her face.

"BETTTY, " I yelled running towards her but she just running and running away from me. Eventually, I got to her. I grabbed her arm but she kept crying and trying to getaway.

"Let me go please," She said and I was confused. Was she scared of me? I called her name again and she turned around and that is when she broke down. But she didn't break down to the ground no she broke down in my arm. My little Juliet.

"Shh Juliet I got you," I said stroking her hair while I started crying myself. I got her back. Just when I thought everything was gonna be okay I heard my father voice yelling her name.

I saw a bus driving up and I didn't think. I took her on the bus and we put her on my lap not letting go. She holds onto me and started to fall asleep. I stroke her hair. As soon as the bus drove off I called Veronica

This is V

This is Jug.

" Where are you?"

"Calm down. I got her I found her."

"Omg where are you guys I need to see her"

"My dad was following her. I found her at the bus station so I got on the first best bus I could see."

"Ask where the bus is going"

"I can't I have Betts on my lap and she is asleep so I can't really move. I will text you when we arrive or when I know more."

"Fine keep her safe" Is the last thing V said before I hang up the phone. God her voice is so annoying

V POV

After Jug suddenly hang up, which is very rude, I told Kev what happened.

"My baby is okay," He said in relief. I'm mad that he didn't take her to me straight away I mean we can protect her better then he can. I mean like he tried it before and every time she's with him she gets hurt.

"Daddy can u find out where they going. SHes not safe." I said to my dad.

"What do you mean of course she is safe she is with her lover," Kev said.

"Yeah but that's the problem. I can protect her better then he can. Every time she's with him she gets hurt in every way possible and I can't let that happen. I can't lose her. She I " I started but stopped myself before I revealed too much.

"OMG," Kev said looking at me.

"What," I said having no idea what he was on about.

"You are jealous," He said and I raised an eyebrow.

"Why would I be jealous I mean it is true. He isn't good for her. She could be with better people. With people who can actually protect her." I said playing with my bracelet.

"People like you," He said crossing his arms and I was shocked. How does he know? I have hidden it so well.

"What no why," I said.

"I mean its pretty obvious. How ur eyes light up when u see her. How you smile when u say her name. How protective you get when she gets hurt. Just like Jug." He said and I looked down. I am not ashamed that I also like girls but I never meant for someone to find out because she clearly doesn't feel the same.

"Its okay V. But she doesn't like u like that she doesn't like girls I'm sorry," He said and I nodded.

"I know that but a girl can hope and I just want what is best for her and Jug really isn't," I said crosses my arms.

"Are you sure? Haven't you notice he hasn't slept in days nor has he eaten and we both know he mostly always eat and how he turned to his old not speaking self for the last days. He has gone out all nights to find her." He said and I didn't know that. Maybe he is good for her but she gets hurt because of HIS dad.

"And if you truly loved her you would be happy for her she has someone," He said and I nodded. I do love her a lot and she has been happier since she met him.

"You are right. Let's just wait and see" I said knowing this is gonna take a while. I love her but she isn't safe with him they need to be apart. 

893 words