ONE

New York City - September 1993

The busy streets were getting colder as the dark September evening commenced forcing Harry to wrap his school scarf tighter around his neck whilst mumbling his regrets about refusing to wear a heavier coat for the sake of 'fashion'.

As usual, he had stayed at the public library later than intended as he had become completely entranced by a new book - a common but true excuse for his lateness.

He quickly walked through the busy city streets as he attempted to avoid bumping into people during rush hour, quickening his pace as he glanced at his wrist watch and saw the time.

He was definitely going to be late for dinner and he was not looking forward to the upcoming scolding from his mother who took the event of 'family dinner time' extremely seriously.

Harry thought it was ridiculous that he was expected to dress up in his very best attire for a family meal but it pleased his mother and he was smart enough to know that he shouldn't argue with her about it.

If his mother wanted to wear a pearl necklace and a corset for dinner then who was Harry to stop her.

Harry was carrying his school bag on his back, his favourite and very worn-out book under his arm and a coffee cup in his cold hand as he attempted to skilfully weave his way through the streets at a quick pace.

His family had moved to New York when he was just 10 years old for his father's work and although he had practically grew up in the city he was still amazed by its vibrant energy.

He thought every inch of New York was beautiful, even the uglier parts were unbelievably beautiful in his eyes.

He watched the busy streets in front of him with wide eyes, watching people walk home from work with briefcases and as his eyes scanned the streets he noticed a large crowd ahead clapping and cheering.

He was already late for dinner so 5 minutes wouldn't make a difference.

His vision was blocked by cabs and the rush of people so he instinctively ran across the busy street, dodging reckless cab drivers until he reached the large crowd and quickly pushed his way through.

He smiled widely at the sight in front of him.

There was an older man expertly playing a saxophone and Harry could see the man's passion and excitement at the chance of playing for people, even if it was just on the street.

The saxophone man was only part of the main attraction though and Harry realised that most people had stopped to watch the two teenagers in front of the man who were dancing.

The boy dancer who appeared to be around Harry's age had platinum blonde hair and dyed blue eyebrows causing a smile to tug on Harry's lips as he watched in awe.

He was barely watching the boy though as he was completely mesmerised by the dancing girl who was laughing loudly and hyping up the crowd surrounding her.

She was the most beautiful girl Harry thought he had ever seen.

She had choppy, icy blonde hair that she had obviously cut herself as her bangs were slightly lopsided but that only intrigued Harry more.