TEN

It had been a week since the art gallery and Harry was still furious about Katya not winning the prize and although Katya rolled her eyes playfully every time he mentioned it, deep down she basked in the fact that somebody cared enough about her.

"Kat! Kat! Open the door!"

Harry banged on Katya's door one day after school just as Katya was about to leave for work and when she finally opened the door she was met with Harry's huge grin.

"Took ya long enough," Harry teased before walking into her apartment and placing his bag on the bed.

"Haz, I thought I told you that I'm working tonight so-"

"Yeah, I know but I have a surprise for you! It won't take long, I promise! Okay, close your eyes," Harry instructed excitedly, bouncing about like a puppy as he began to search through his bag.

Katya groaned at the instructions, rolling her eyes but as soon as Harry dramatically imitated her reaction she began to laugh and closed her eyes, holding out her hands.

"If you put a spider in my hand I will have no choice but to kill you," Katya playfully threatened, her eyes scrunched tight and Harry just laughed in response.

She felt him place a few heavy items in her hands and heard the floor slightly creak, indicating that he had stepped back.

"Open your eyes," Harry said excitedly, unaware of Katya's racing heart that felt like it was about to explode.

When Katya opened her eyes she immediately gasped, her eyes widening in shock and when she looked up at Harry who was grinning proudly she felt a pressure in her chest becoming heavier and heavier.

"I-I have no words, I can't-"

"I know," Harry chuckled slightly, admiring how Katya enjoyed the surprise so much.

"I thought you would appreciate them. The art department at school have so much expensive paint that never gets used and they were going to throw them out so I took them. For you," Harry explained shyly with a bashful smile as Katya admired the expensive tubes of paint and various different brushes placed in her hands by Harry.

Without thinking she carefully placed them on the table and threw herself into Harry's arms, his arms immediately wrapping around her waist as she hugged him tight.

"I have been saving up for new paint for so long,"  Katya whispered, speaking into Harry's chest so quietly that only Harry would've been able to hear her words.

"You deserve it," Harry replied quietly, his arms still wrapped around her as he smiled fondly and ran his hands through the bottom of her hair.

"Thank you, I can't thank you enough," Katya finally managed to say, her voice slightly breaking but Harry didn't mention it and just hummed warmly in response.

They held each other in silence for a few more minutes until Harry finally pulled away and explained that he was due to be home. Katya swallowed and nodded, biting her lip as she looked into Harry's eyes and escorted him out of the apartment.

She waved him off with a smile but as soon as she closed her apartment door she collapsed to the floor and began to cry so hard that it hurt.