FOUR

"Good morning sunshine," Harry's mother, Anne, greeted as her son sleepily walked into the kitchen in his school uniform.

"Morning," Harry smiled through a yawn as he pulled his mother in for a hug and took a seat at the kitchen table next to his older sister, Gemma.

It was a dreary Monday morning and although it was only the second week back at school Harry was already dreading it.

Ever since Friday night he couldn't stop thinking about his new friends, especially Katya.
Katya.
He smiled at the thought of seeing her smile again or listening to her raspy laugh usually followed by a cough.

"Harry, are you listening to me?" His mother asked bringing Harry away from his thoughts and he apologised quickly and felt his cheeks slightly burning.

"I said that the debutant balls are beginning very soon so you will have to start looking for suits," Anne smiled and Harry just nodded before pouring himself a glass of orange juice.

"And a date," Gemma mumbled teasingly with a smirk, gaining a sharp look from Harry.

Just as Harry was about to speak, his father Desmond marched into the kitchen with his usual scowl and took a seat at the other end of the table.

He grumbled his morning greetings before placing all of his focus on his newspaper, his typical morning routine before he headed off to work to argue with other businessmen in order to make himself seem important.

"You made pancakes!" Rose, Harry's younger sister suddenly exclaimed before quickly running down the staircase and into the kitchen.

"Yes and you better get down here before Harry eats them all," Anne joked with a laugh as she playfully nudged Harry.

Harry noticed his father's scowl becoming sterner due to Rose's loud volume and he couldn't help but roll his eyes at him, grateful that Rose somehow hadn't noticed.

As Anne began to dish out the pancakes the telephone started to ring and within seconds Gemma was off of her seat and running to answer it.

"It's for me, it's for me," she called out to stop her father from answering and Harry and Rose immediately looked at each other and smirked.

"Hi, Michal!"

Rose and Harry began to softly mimic Gemma's words before they both started to laugh as their mother raised an eyebrow at them.

"These are amazing, mommy," Rose smiled as she began to eat her pancakes but her father quickly put his newspaper down on the table.

"Rosalie you shouldn't talk whilst eating, it's completely unladylike," Desmond scolded as Anne handed him his plate and Harry had to bite his tongue as he glared at his father.

The awkward silence was painful as nobody said a word and Harry just continued to glare at his father.
Harry didn't know how his mother put up with his father.
In Harry's mind, his mother was a saint for doing so.

"I'm glad you like them Rose, now come on eat up! You don't want to be late," Anne finally spoke, gently running her hands through Rose's curly, brown hair.

Harry began to shake the can of cream and when he tried to use it the cream exploded all over his pancakes making the pancakes collapse. Harry and Rose immediately burst out laughing and Rose began to throw even more fruit onto Harry's plate to annoy him as their mother just laughed and smiled fondly.

"Rose! Rose, stop!" Harry laughed as Rose began to make a face out of fruit on Harry's plate and as their laughter got louder suddenly a loud bang echoed throughout the house.