FIFTEEN

TW: DRUG AND ALCOHOL ABUSE. PLEASE PROCEED WITH CAUTION.

"Something is wrong, Lou! I'm worried about her," Harry explained through the school railing to Louis whilst on his lunch break, the concern for Katya clear in his voice.

"I promise Haz that she will be fine! She's probably just stressing about her latest art project!" Louis explained as he lit his cigarette, smiling cheekily to Harry as he was gaining suspicious looks from Harry's classmates.

"I'm tellin' you, Lou the other night she was acting weird! It was almost as if she couldn't hear me when I was talking to her and then I tried to call her all night and she wouldn't answer the phone!"

Louis handed Harry his cigarette which he gladly took and Louis could see his stress slightly melt away as he exhaled the smoke.

"I'll check in with her, I promise," Louis smiled as Harry handed his cigarette back with a nod.

"She cares about you a lot," Louis added as the school bell went off and Harry's classmates began to head back inside.

"I care about her," Harry admitted and he saw Louis smirk as he exhaled smoke from the side of his mouth.

"I know," Louis replied genuinely before stubbing his cigarette out and waving goodbye to Harry who watched his friend walk into the part of the city he was beginning to associate with home.

On the other side of the city Katya was slaving away at the diner, wiping the sweat from her brow as she tried her best to keep her cool and ignore Davey barking demands at her.

She had actually showed up early for work today as she had desperately wanted any sort of distraction from the chaos of her brain.
She also knew that she was on thin ice and was close to being sacked, something that she just couldn't allow to happen.

"Table Two!" Davey demanded, throwing 3 plates Katya's way and she took a cooling breath and quickly carried the plates to the table.

She couldn't get a single break, constantly hearing her name being yelled and each time her fists would clench and she would have to take a deep breath to collect herself.

"You smell like cigarettes," Davey commented and she couldn't help herself.

"You smell like shit but what's new?" Katya smirked and before he could reply she grabbed a plate and quickly walked to a table.

Everything was Katya's fault - no salt and pepper which is Katya's fault, the orange juice supply is low which is Katya's fault, the day is a slow day which is Katya's fault, the tables need a new paint job which is Katya's fault.

By the end of her shift Katya felt like screaming as her feet and back ached and her stomach was growling for some sort of attention that wasn't in the form of a cigarette.

She was exhausted but every time she closed her eyes the image of Harry and Stacey laughing, walking side by side burned into her brain.

Katya walked out of the diner, her hair a mess and she immediately fixed her septum piercing and lit a cigarette. She leaned against the side of the diner as she smoked, watching the world go by but when she saw a group of girls around her age in the same private school uniform that Harry wore she felt a burning pang of jealousy in her chest.

Why could she not have been born into that life?

She watched them as they all laughed, walking side by side in their beautiful little kitten heels that were perfectly polished and brand new.