ELEVEN

(PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT! ILY)
tw: racist slurs (please take care and know that the opinions expressed by certain characters in this chapter are not those of my own. TPWK) <3

Rose's face certainly wasn't the only thing that needed immense healing.

Rose and Harry had always been close but somehow the events of that fateful night and Rose's introduction to Katya had bound them eternally as both siblings kept their secret and unknowingly saved Katya's life by doing so.

Rose was doted on by everyone with Anne and Gemma immediately enveloping her with hugs and kisses as soon as Harry brought her home but their father remained suspicious.

"What took you so long to come home? Her wounds don't look fresh at all," Desmond asked in a pointed tone and Harry watched as Rose's face momentarily fell and her confidence in the lie dropped.

"I took her to the pharmacy and bought anti-septic cream," Harry quickly explained and before Desmond could interrogate them further Anne interrupted, placing her full attention on Harry as she hugged him tight.

"My clever boy," Anne smiled, cradling Harry's cheeks before kissing his forehead.

That night just as Harry was about to fall asleep he heard a quiet knock on his door before Rose's sleepy face came into view. She didn't have to say anything for Harry to understand and with just a nod of his head, Rose closed the door behind her and climbed into his bed.

"Nightmare?" Harry asked sleepily, already knowing the answer and he made a mental note to never undermine how traumatic the experience must have been for Rose.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there for you," Harry added quietly, staring at the ceiling.

"It wasn't your fault, I'm sorry for being dumb," Rose replied with a whisper, her foot lightly brushing against Harry's knee.

"You don't need to apologise," Harry ensured giving Rose a small smile that he hoped was reassuring.

"You know how Katya lives alone?"

Harry hummed in response, smiling a little more at the fact that Rose was still completely mesmerised by the wonder that is Katya.

"What does she do when she has nightmares?"

Harry stopped smiling, completely thrown by the question.
He was reminded of the first night he met Katya and how he had ended up comforting her from her nightmare, the image of her crying on the cold, wooden floor replaying through his mind like a slideshow.

"Well, she probably calls her friends," Harry replied and Rose hummed in agreement, satisfied with the vague answer.

"I didn't like that guy very much," Rose whispered again and Harry found himself nodding as he quickly pieced together that Rose was referring to Danny.

"I don't like him either," Harry admitted and he saw Rose nod, her eyes desperately trying to stay open despite her exhaustion.

Just a few blocks away, Katya was also desperately trying to stay awake but for an entirely different reason.

"That girl will tell her filthy rich folks and you and I will be fucked Katya!" Katya flinched slightly as Danny raised his voice, slamming his fist on the counter.

Danny had somehow managed to get Katya to fess up.
The harsh punch to the face was probably a major factor in that.

"She won't, I trust them," Katya quickly insisted, wiping the blood off of her cheek that had been the result of Danny slapping her face and opening the wound that Harry had so carefully cleaned.