SIX

"C'mon you fucking piece of shit, c'mon fucking work," Katya grumbled to herself as she struggled to light the limp cigarette hanging out of her cherry lips.

"Excuse me young lady but cigarettes are not permitted on-"

"I'm sorry, hold that thought for just a minute," Katya replied back without lifting her eyeline from the cheap lighter, unbeknownst to the scowl facing her.

She grinned when she suddenly felt the heat and smelt the smoke and deeply inhaled to immediately feel the effects of the cigarette.

She looked up to see a nun in full uniform scowling at her from behind the thick school gates.

"I'm sorry, what did you say?" Katya asked with a wide grin, playing dumb as she exhaled the smoke from her lungs and watched as the nun crinkled her nose.

Before the nun could reply and Katya had the chance to offer her a drag of the cigarette a bell started to ring and the courtyard was flooded with teenagers in blue sweater vests.

Harry immediately saw Katya and dropped his jaw slightly, his lips pulling into a smirk as he saw her chatting with Sister Abigail.

"Smoking is not permitted on this site! I will not tell you again!" Harry arrived just in time, instinctively grabbing Katya's wrist and saving her from a scolding from the nun as he dragged her down the street.

"She's partially blind so she won't notice what way we've went," Harry explained as the two ran through the crowd of students and Katya couldn't contain her loud laughter at that information.

"Unfortunately though, she's not deaf," Harry teased in reference to Katya's loud laugh but that only made her laugh harder as she playfully nudged Harry with her elbow.

When they eventually reached the end of the street they stopped, Harry leaning against the wall and grinning at Katya who was now bent over in a fit of laughter.

Before Harry could even say anything Katya quickly removed the lit cigarette from her lips and placed it in Harry's mouth as she bent down to tie her dirty shoelaces.

Harry was initially startled but obeyed and inhaled the cigarette with a grin and exhaled in her face as she stood up again with a smirk.

"Getting into trouble with the nuns already?" Harry teased as Katya took the cigarette back and leaned against the wall beside him as she inhaled.

"Wouldn't be like me," Katya replied sarcastically, turning her head to look at Harry who was still chuckling.

"What are you doing here anyway?"

"Oh, well it's nice to see you too!" Katya replied in mock offence making Harry laugh again whilst he tried to apologise for his wording.

"If that's how you really feel then maybe I should just go-"

"No, no don't!" Harry interrupted through his laughter, pulling Katya back to him as she pretended to walk away.

"Okay, okay if you insist," Katya joked, her eyes twinkling and Harry had to ignore the burning sensation he felt from just holding onto her dainty wrist.

Katya quickly pulled Harry from leaning against the wall and started to hurriedly cross the street, still holding onto his wrist with her spare hand.

She haphazardly dodged cabs and groups of people, leaving Harry to quickly apologise to those collided with as Katya continued to smoke in a perfectly unbothered fashion.

"So what's the plan?"

"Well lucky for you I have a few hours before I have to go to work so I thought I would give you a tour of the city!" Katya announced excitedly with a bright smile in contrast to Harry's confused expression.