THREE

Living is defined as a social person who is enjoying the fruits of life.
On that cold, September night Harry felt that for the first time in his 18 years of life, he was truly
a l i v e.

He watched as her cherry, red lips pulled into a teasing smirk, how she jittered her knee, how her eyes were dilating, how her dress hugged perfectly to her body, how she blew air from the side of her mouth to clear the messy blonde bangs from her eyes, how her-

Louis suddenly burst into the upstairs room, the cloud of smoke and hot sweat hitting him in the face but Harry noticed a slight hint of stress in his eyes and when he looked behind Louis he saw Niall laying haphazardly on the staircase with a stupid grin.

"He's fucked, I need to take him home," Louis explained to the blonde girl who immediately got up from her seat beside Harry and walked over to Niall.

She gently ran her hands through his messy hair, mumbling comforting words to him and Harry felt incredibly guilty for feeling a pang of jealousy in his chest.
He was being ridiculous, Niall clearly needed more words of affection than Harry did.

"Harry, do you want to come back to my place? You can spend the night on my couch so you don't have to go home drunk," Louis said with a smile and Harry found himself nodding and thanking Louis.

"See ya tomorrow Z," Louis called out before wrapping an arm around Harry and walking back out to Niall on the staircase.

The three of them managed to get him down the staircase that Niall insisted was 'made out of water' and Harry saw the blonde girl laughing to herself at her friend's funny comments.

Before Harry could say anything else the blonde girl was called away and Harry noticed that she rolled her eyes and crossed her arms as she stomped away.
Harry set Niall on the bottom step as Louis went back over to the DJ booth to fetch Niall's records and cassettes but he could hear loud yelling that sounded like the blonde girl's voice.

He had listened to her voice for long enough to now be able to distinguish it from a large crowd.

"How will she get home?" Harry found himself asking out loud until Niall lifted his head.

"Danny, blah, blah, blah," Niall said loudly before pretending to vomit and then bursting into hysterical laughter.

Harry was confused by his comment and couldn't shift his concern for the girl but Louis suddenly appeared again and helped Harry lift Niall from the step.

"My apartment is just around the corner," Louis explained with a slight grunt as he helped to support Niall who was fidgeting like crazy.

Niall was nearly convulsing, drooling from the mouth and clapping his hands out to 'catch butterflies'.

Louis seemed unphased though as he carried his friend through the cold city streets that Harry was deep down afraid of, especially at this time of night.
Harry quickly realised though that the person he usually would've been afraid of when walking down the street at night would've been Niall and he smiled at that funny truth.

"Did you have a good time?" Louis asked with a smile as the boys reached a run-down apartment building.

"Yes, yes, yes," Niall yelled excitedly and as Harry laughed Louis smirked and shook his head at Niall.

"Yes, I feel amazing," Harry found himself saying without thinking but before he could blush Louis just smiled and explained that he had felt the same after his first party.

Niall began yelling out again followed by hysterical laughing and suddenly a deep voice aggressively yelled down at the boys to 'shut the fuck up.'