TWELVE

VOTE AND COMMENT!
tw: parental abuse

"How dare you disobey your teacher! How dare you disobey me! You have publicly shamed our family!"

Harry sat in his father's home office for what felt like hours until his ears had started ringing and his mind had drifted off somewhere else.

"Do you know how much inconvenience you have caused me today? I had to leave a business meeting today to have a discussion with your school teacher!"

An inconvenience, that's all Harry was to his father.

"This isn't like you, Harry. Why did you do it?" His mother asked in a more gentle tone than his father and Harry could barely make eye contact with her.

He hated disappointing his mother more than anything in the world.

"I-I don't know," Harry mumbled, his cheeks flushed with embarrassment. His parents were obviously unaware of Harry's friendship with Katya and Niall and so in their eyes their son had just placed himself in danger for no apparent reason.

"You don't know? All those good grades you get and you aren't smart enough to answer a simple question," his father scoffed mockingly and Harry looked down at his lap once more.
His father had a wonderful way of making Harry feel completely inadequate with only a few words and a mocking grin.

"Do you regret it?" Anne asked gently as she sat perched on Desmond's large oak desk.

Harry thought for a second and when he finally managed to look up he shook his head.

"No, I don't."

His mother's blue eyes seemed to widen momentarily but his father quickly swooped in with another rant about how disrespectful and irresponsible Harry was.

"I saved those people from being falsely accused! They needed help!" Harry argued back, his voice sounding weak from exhaustion and for a second Anne's eyes softened and she managed to get a slight understanding of Harry's uncharacteristic intervention.

"You could've gotten yourself into trouble with that police officer! You could've been hurt," Anne explained, her voice full of pain as she imagined her son in such trouble.

"I wouldn't have been hurt, I was wearing my uniform," Harry replied softly, clearly making a political statement and the room went silent but Harry saw his mother gently nod in what he assumed was apprehensive agreement.

"You sacrificed your reputation at your school for some reckless and uneducated street rats! Harry, this is a huge year for you. You need to start applying to Ivy League schools and you won't be accepted into any law and business degrees if you have a record for bad behaviour!"

Harry rolled his eyes at his father and sighed loudly.

"I've already told you I'm not applying to study law or business I-"

"Harry, haven't you caused enough trouble for today? I will not allow you to bring disgrace to this family! Our family name is important and I will not allow you to fly off the rails for the sake of 'creativity!' Don't you want to be a good influence for Rosalie? Don't you want Gemma and your mother to be proud of you? You need to get your head out of the clouds and become a real man so that you can take over the family business!"

"But I want to be a writer! I'm good enough, I know I can do it! I-"

"A writer?" Desmond laughed and Harry felt like a small child again.
Harry continuously questioned to himself how he was even related to the unbearable man in front of him who had absolutely nothing in common with his son.