prologue.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬❝ forever until the end

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
forever until the end.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
⚌⚌

HE HATED THE WORLD, that's why he made his own. jungkook hated his family, that's why he found his own. he was always good at getting the things he wanted, no matter how impossible or out reach they seemed to be. if he saw it, it was his. maybe he was that kid, the one in the kindergarten classes who never shared or gave toys back once they were in his tiny hands clutching it to his chest. maybe he was the one that overlooked the good things in life, because he was so convinced the world was evil and only filled with the bad.

that couldn't have been true, not when he was engaged to seemingly the best person in the world and embodies all the good things anyone could ever want. the world had to be a little good to allow someone like that walk the lands.

he was the only person that mattered, taehyung. he was the thing that sat above all else and became that beacon in the ravenettes mind, a safe place to go to when the world was a little too cruel some days — and he was always there for him, a smile on pink lips with open arms waiting to hug his fiancé.

all jungkook wanted was to be a good man for his love. he never cared before, not until he realized there was someone worth changing for. but change was so hard. change was the thing that had jungkook leaving their bed once the other had fallen asleep, too far gone to be woken by the covers moving and his footsteps leaving the room. change was the thing that had him sitting in the bar during late hours of the night trying to convince himself this was going to be okay, that he could do this.

jungkook had no choice. he had to be able to do this. he had to let go of his past life, he had to change. taehyung wanted a life with him, they had their new home and new future laid out waiting for them to fill the days with memories and plans for their weddings and whatever family they find along the way — but he couldn't. it wasn't as easy as he thought it would be. he had formed himself to become this man, this intelligent force to be reckoned with and these skills that needed to be tested. jungkook doesn't know if he's ready to put the past away yet.

one last heist. that's all he would need, just a single plan to say goodbye to it all.

it was suppose to be simple. jungkook made himself believe he could do it while also fitting into taehyungs world, the one with family dinners and morning walks and grocery shopping on sundays. he could manage both.

it was suppose to be simple. he wasn't meant to lose. jungkook wasn't meant to hate the world more than he already did.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

here we go.