III.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬❝ the past beats like a second heart

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
the past beats like a second heart.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
⚌⚌

THERE WERE PLANETS spread out across the tables, different shapes and colors, some with sparkles to look like stars and others made of varying swirls of colors. they all looked pretty, thanks to the male who sat in one of the tiny plastic school room chairs and continued to add little details to them.

the head teacher came walking over, crouching beside her assignment, and now friend. "they look good." hyuna said. "i still have to print the kids photos but i'll have them after the weekend for monday. we can finish up the board during their nap time." she was speaking quietly, partly because now was nap time too.

taehyung nodded with a smile, checking the time on the far wall. he left early on fridays, they had less kids in the room on these day's so he wasn't needed as much as when they were more full. "i'm gonna finish this up and then head out." he told her, earning a nod. she had started getting the next activity ready for once the kids woke up, both of the adults doing their best to stay quiet to keep them dreaming for as long as they could.

"bye hyuna." he whispered with a wave, smiling at the lady as he ducked out the door and let it close with a soft click. it was maybe just after 4, giving the male a couple hours before his friend would be showing up at his house. that gave him enough time to head to the store for a few more things before tonight.

all he needed was a case beer upon request of his fiancé, as well as ice pops and guac. separate from everything else they had already bought, it was a weird set of items to be buying together. taehyung realized this once he was actually in the store and holding the avocados. he paid anyways, smiling sweetly at the elderly lady working the register, swiping his card. "have a good night." he said to her, grabbing the bags and heading for the exit of the store.

his car wasn't too far, just a building or two down from the small market. taehyung looked down for a second to check he had everything in bags, knowing he should have done that before he left but oh well. it was that second that had him bumping into someone, spinning around quick and already apologizing. "oh my goodness i'm so sorry." taehyung said to the kid, seeing how he had dropped the kebab he was holding.

"hey!" the kid said, "you bumped into me." he looked down at his food that was ruined now, on the dirty ground and considered inedible. if only taehyung had known he wasn't the first victim of a simple trick. he hadn't seen the kid already doing this to someone else, just to pick up the kebab and accidentally bump into someone else to see what he could get for it.

"i'm sorry i wasn't looking." taehyung apologized again, "how much was it?" he had all the best intentions at paying the small boy for making him drop his meal, if only he had any cash on him. "five dollars." the kid said.