I.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬❝ i wanted a perfect ending

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
i wanted a perfect ending.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
⚌⚌

IT HAD JUST RAINED, leaving the sidewalk a much darker grey color than it was when the raven haired male walked into the building just an hour before. two seconds out the door and he was already yanking off the tie that was around his neck, leaving it lay loose on his shoulders. they were so tense, so tried, so over everything.

jungkook clicked the key fob to his car, listening for the echoing beep in the parking garage. it sounded too far and he groaned for the hundredth time that day already. it was maybe just after 6 pm, considering the job interview was at five. the mans stomach grumbled from the lack of lunch, but he was too tired to stop anymore or even care. all he pictured was his bed and his pillows and his love probably waiting to hear how well the interview went.

the thought made him wince, thinking back to the structured questions and probing stares from people that took one look at his resume and background, knowing very well his chances over someone else were low. jungkook hated those looks, and the ones that came with a smile that screamed sympathy. he knew he wasn't getting the job, or the one he interviews for yesterday and probably not the one he had scheduled for friday morning.

he kept making them, looking for new places that were hiring. he kept seeing how taehyung would smile at him and give him a hug, telling him he'd do great — jungkook was only great at one thing.

once he found his car he waited inside for a few minutes before driving back to his home. he needed a minute to calm down, or else he might just speed off until he ran out of gas and needed to walk back until the soles of his feet bled to show how far he went.

the rain had left the road wet, some people driving slower due to their cautious minds, so much different from the ravenette. he had one hand on the wheel and the other raking through his hair. taehyung had already called him, but he let it go to voicemail. he would be home in a few minutes anyways, he preferred talking to him in person.

jungkooks patience left quickly, hitting his blinker and yanking the wheel to the side to go around the slow car in front of him. he did that all the way home, swerving around vehicles not driving to his standards and barely hearing the honks and swears directed at him. he had already swore at himself enough today, no one was going to top that with a bit of road rage.

"hey kook." taehyung said once he heard their front door open, the jingle of keys being thrown onto the table just inside. it was more aggressive than normal, and the boy knew today might not have been the best. he smiled still, getting up from the couch and leaving his book on the cushion. "hi." he said it again, seeing how jungkook looked up from taking his shoes off, "hey baby." he said, kissing the olders cheek before walking past further into their home.