IV.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬❝ bond is stronger than blood

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
bond is stronger than blood.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
⚌⚌

THE AROMA WAS INTENSE as it filled the kitchen and entire downstairs area of the home, a swirl of spices and cooked chicken that made everyone a lot more hungry. there was already sides set up on the large wooden dining table, everything from mashed potatoes to noodles and a bowl of dumplings that had already been dug into considerably.

taehyung sat across the table from the kid, watching as he inhaled the ramen that he made for him. "so what's your name?" he asked the boy, seeing how some liquid dripped on his chin from the noodles. he wiped it with the back of his hand instead of the napkin taehyung gave him earlier.

"eli." he said. taehyung nodded, but the sound of a pot hitting the ground caught his attention now. he had left the two of them in the kitchen for only a few minutes. "i'll be right back." he said to the kid, eli.

"what did you guys do." taehyung walked through the arched opening connecting the dining room and kitchen. yoongi stood there with a pot and hoseok was empty handed. the lid was on the ground between them. the taller of the two pointed to the other male.

yoongi narrowed his eyes at him and hoseok just laughed loud like usual. "i'll go help jin at the grill." he said before running out of the kitchen to leave the two alone now. yoongi picked up he lid to the pot and faced the stove again. "it's interesting how you go to buy gravy and come back with a kid." he said. "how old is he anyways."

"ten." taehyung said, leaning against the counter and watching the older stir the thick brown sauce. there was a lot, considering the amount of grown men they had to feed. he was still wondering where one of those men had gone off too.

that question was answered soon, a front door swinging open and a loud yell following. that was jimin, his voice drowning out the music playing throughout the house and mildly scaring those inside. he did that every time but it was still hard to prepare for. "there you guys are." taehyung said, making his way around the kitchen island to greet the two. "hey, sorry." jungkook said, kissing his fiancés mouth quickly before continuing to carry the beer.

"i got beer." taehyung said.

"we got more." jimin said, "we're going to get shitfaced tonight." he looked excited for it.

"maybe not tonight." the brunette started to say, thinking about the small child that was sitting in the dining room and already helping himself to another scoop of mashed potatoes.

jungkooks eyebrows furrowed for a moment, "why not-" he didn't get to consider why they should care how much people drank, until he walked further into the house and could see the dining room table and the kid sitting there. he blinked, wondering if he was imagining it or not, but no. the boy was really sitting there in his home and looking quite content.