XVI.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬❝ tables turn and bridges burn

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
tables turn and bridges burn.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
⚌⚌

THAT HICCUP WASNT SMALL. it was actually a pretty decent hiccup that had two of them ready to end each other. things would have been fine, nothing would have gone wrong — except they couldn't figure out what did go wrong. they had planned all evening, through the entire ride and well through the night until the clock struck 4 am and they were ready to move in.

hoseok was on his fourth energy drink to stay awake, buzzing on edge and practically bouncing in the seat of the van as jin drove them to the security facility. with the help of jimin on the mans laptop, he was able to find locations for them to drive to. he couldnt do much in regards to entrance strategy, he only had an address and no actual blueprints or ability to get into the cameras around for eyes on the building.

that was all up to yoongi as they got closer. the plan was the go in through the elevator shaft, since at night they lock on the top floor and a series of lasers fill that gap of the shaft ready to set the alarm if something triggers it.

jin was waiting in the van, his minimal computer skills helped by the sticky note yoongi left him. "you guys good?" he asked through their coms, earning a couple affirmatives in return. he could see them going up the side of the building, thanks to the fire escape and lock picking abilities of hoseok.

"just let me know when you're in position and i'll press it." jin was waiting with his finger over the keys. yoongi told him to press a specific sequence once they were in the shaft, it would trigger a halt in the facilities circuit and cut the lasers for a few seconds. they would have just under twenty seconds to descend down before everything went back to normal. the idea came from their main goal with the van, but it had to be done in less time so no one noticed the slight glitch.

hoseok picked the lock to the vent outside the building, setting it aside and crawling in. yoongi followed, with many grunts and sounds of protest. this was not his forte.

before they left the others and drove to yeosu, hoseok made sure to bring the harnesses and hooks, which both of them had sitting snug around them and hooked up at the hips. "this way." he read the ink on his arm, a lame sketch of the vents that led to the elevators. yoongi would grunt and follow anyways.

there was another grated vent, which hoseok really wanted to kick out of the way but he knew better. instead he took his time and carefully undid the screws from each corner and even more carefully held onto it so it didn't fall forward and trigger everything. "okay," hoseok said. he looked over the edge for a moment and saw how far they had to go. maybe only seven floors down. "i'll hook you up." he said, taking the clamp from yoongis harness and smiling wide at him — he hoped it would lift his spirits, and even though the scowl said no, yoongi did feel better.